• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Insurance

Livi

Alpha Buck
Pets Included in this quote
Pip Remove pet Amend details
Rusty Remove pet Amend details
Monthly Premium £44.97
10% off your first year’s premium.

Summary Covered for Life policies offer pet owners a choice of comprehensive plans with lifetime veterinary fee benefits. Treatment for each illness or injury is covered throughout the pet's life provided the policy is renewed each year without a break in cover.
Policy Benefits:
Unless otherwise indicated, the figures shown are the maximum amount that may be paid in each policy year for each unrelated claim.
Veterinary Fees
£2,000 per year
Complementary Treatment £750
Advertising & Reward £250
Boarding Fees £250
Pay Vet Direct
Legal Helpline
Online Claims Tracking
Our Excesses - Click here

The above is my quote from Petplan! Sounds a lot....Anyone else with Petplan, What do you pay?

I pay £35 a month for my 4, but 2 of them have exclusions, so I'm tempted to save separately for them......but then feel like I would jinx them if I stopped the insurance :oops:

people always seem to get massive quotes online :? phone them and see if its any different, i pay just under 22 quid for my pair.

My two are 8/9 month old buns, with no health problems (well pip has a little problem at the mo - but no known conditions - not that these details were requested anyway!).

I have just got another quote through at £16 each - which is better, but obviously need to look at the ins n outs of the policy.

Thanks I will try calling :)

i pay about £10 for one bunny, although mabel will be insured when her free months from vets runs out

It's usually about £10 per month per bun, so that does sound like a big quote.

Make sure you don't enter a 'value' for your pet and don't put your rabbits as a pure breed if it's not. You don't really want any money to replace your rabbit if it dies anyway, you just want the coverage for vet bills!

Well I put Pip as Dwarf Lop (altho P@H sold her to me as a cross breed), and Rusty as Dutch - as thats what he is....

I dont have any certs to show anything, just based on their appearance!

i'm paying about £10 per month for my 3 year old Rex. It does all depend on where you live, the age and breed of the rabbits. I was paying about £14 for my 8 year old though. When they're over 5 years old you pay more premium and the excess goes up.

Mine's about £42 for all 4

Does the breed make any difference to the price?

I'm not sure. I would have thought so though. If you look at the difference in cost between a petshop crossbreed and a purebred Rex, Dutch New Zealand, you're talking 3 times the price difference at least depending on whether it's from a reg breeder. I imagine it's the same with a dog or cat.

Surely it's a size thing also. I would have thought it would be cheaper to insure a netherland dwarf than a belgian hare!

Last edited:
Back