• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for little Little please UD post 29

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Little is my smallest foster and has gone in for the big neuter today. He's gone to the RSPCa vets who I have no trust in. The sign in was different for him than it has been when I've signed in others. He's a dental bunny and the RSPCA ask these vets to PTS any dental bunnies. I'm scared they will ignore my instructions and do their own thing on 'autopilot'.

I've also asked them to burr his teeth (which is a risk in itself and I have no idea how competent they are with teeth) and asked them to shave off his matted area.

I just hope that they do all the right things and I can collect him later.

Please, some non death (either PTS or otherwise) vibes would be awesome.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness - I do hope they follow your instructions - they would be really stupid not to :(

Hope all goes well for Little x

Thanks everyone.

Oh my goodness - I do hope they follow your instructions - they would be really stupid not to :(

Hope all goes well for Little x

I hope the RSPCA back up my instructions. These vets made an inaccurate formal complaint against me (which I could prove was unfounded) so we are not on the best of terms anyway (although not sure how many of the staff know who I am face wise). I just so hope, hope that they get this right.

They botched Summer's spay back in 2008 and gave her an issue with her wound, Gave Roger an infection with his neuter, didn't treat Tilly's head tilt, couldn't even identify that Rosie had a clear spinal injury or that Autumn had a respiratory infection. Each time me and my vets have picked up the pieces. They did fine when Butterfly and Hay Monster when for their neuters and they came back all good and healed well, I just can't shake the bad feeling about this one, but I only got it once I came home.

Please try not to worry too much. I had a tiny rescue which i left at the vets for spey. I was very worried as when i got there they seemed to cater for mainly farm animals!! The vet was nearing retirement in my opinion and was off hand with me when i questioned him about pain relief. Needn't have worried - he did a fantastic job and little bunny did well. You may be suprised, they would be very foolish to not follow your instructions. I'd ring them now to make sure, get it put in writing and take the persons name. you'll feel much better. x :)

hmmm just read your other information. I would change my vet for sure. If they know who you are they might be a bit more careful. x

Last edited:
Please try not to worry too much. I had a tiny rescue which i left at the vets for spey. I was very worried as when i got there they seemed to cater for mainly farm animals!! The vet was nearing retirement in my opinion and was off hand with me when i questioned him about pain relief. Needn't have worried - he did a fantastic job and little bunny did well. You may be suprised, they would be very foolish to not follow your instructions. I'd ring them now to make sure, get it put in writing and take the persons name. you'll feel much better. x :)

Thanks. Sadly my experiences with them indicate its understandable i'm warey. I have written it all down and attached it to his carry case (I always send my bunnies to the vets with a blurb :lol:). I can't do anymore than I already have done, I just have no faith in these vets, but I can't afford to pay for him to be neutered at mine.

Little! (although he isn't so much anymore- his real name is apparently Cashew)

054-3.jpg

Thanks. Sadly my experiences with them indicate its understandable i'm warey. I have written it all down and attached it to his carry case (I always send my bunnies to the vets with a blurb :lol:). I can't do anymore than I already have done, I just have no faith in these vets, but I can't afford to pay for him to be neutered at mine.

You could always explain this to your own vets, they might be sympathetic and flattered. In my experience it has payed off to query prices. Times are hard and they might be grateful of your loyalty and trust. x

I do hope the vet does what they are suppose to do and help this bunny to live a better life. I will be very upset if i find you dont get this bunny back. It just proves, even wth people like the rspca that rabbits arnt realy worth the expense and extra care they can need:(

You could always explain this to your own vets, they might be sympathetic and flattered. In my experience it has payed off to query prices. Times are hard and they might be grateful of your loyalty and trust. x

My vets give me an awesome discount, but with some very sick buns here, they have to be my priority. Too late to worry about that now though, hopefully Little has now been operated on and is coming round.

Back