• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommend a Run please? (Online or Locally in Oxfordshire)

sarahsarah

Warren Scout
Can anyone show me a link to a cheap good quality 6x4 ish wooden run please, preferably with a top on? 6x4 is about the biggest size that I could fit on the patio. This one needs to have a door on the side to attach it to the hutch.

And I'm also looking for the biggest run I can't find for £100, for on the grass.

I've looked at so many on different sites and on ebay and I'm so confused:oops:! I just want someone to tell me "get this one" and I will ;)

Last edited:
Urgh I'm still here and I'm still looking! The one I'm going to buy first is the 6x4 one, so been looking at them.. I've searched ebay and sorted them by price, cheapest first.. but none of them have doors on the end, until you get up to over £100? Do people just leave off the end panel in this case? I'm hoping to let them have 24/7 access to this so can anyone explain the best way to attach to hutch?

The really good run companies deliver and install the runs for you so it may be worth asking (change the thread title possibly)if anyone in Oxfordshire can recommend a local company. There is a really good one in Cambs but they charge extra for delivery depending how far away you are so I'm guessing it would get pretty pricey.

I've been looking at those runs aswell!! I've now decided to embark on an aviary project, but still considering that run for when if we go on holiday and the buns go need to board at my parents or sisters.

The only thing I can think of with it, is it would be worth investing on extra decent locks for the doors, the hearts don't look like they'd be very secure, but then I am paranoid about locks. :lol:

I wonder if we live near each other, I'm in Oxfordshire aswell, and also regularly shop in Swindon as it's much quicker than going into Oxford. Are you in West Oxfordshire?? I am :wave:

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't know about the hay round here!

Last edited:
I don't know anywhere to buy runs from other than Yarnton but they aren't cheap. Have you had a look on The Happy Hutch website or they sell on ebay. I got my hutch and run from there and it was reasonable. Only thing I would say is double wire the run as the wire isn't the greatest. Good customer service though.

I've been looking at those runs aswell!! I've now decided to embark on an aviary project, but still considering that run for when if we go on holiday and the buns go need to board at my parents or sisters.

The only thing I can think of with it, is it would be worth investing on extra decent locks for the doors, the hearts don't look like they'd be very secure, but then I am paranoid about locks. :lol:

I wonder if we live near each other, I'm in Oxfordshire aswell, and also regularly shop in Swindon as it's much quicker than going into Oxford. Are you in West Oxfordshire?? I am :wave:

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't know about the hay round here!

Chooeeeee another West Oxfordshirearian here. :wave:

Can anyone show me a link to a cheap good quality 6x4 ish wooden run please, preferably with a top on? 6x4 is about the biggest size that I could fit on the patio. This one needs to have a door on the side to attach it to the hutch.

And I'm also looking for the biggest run I can't find for £100, for on the grass.

I've looked at so many on dyifferent sites and on ebay and I'm so confused:oops:! I just want someone to tell me "get this one" and I will ;)

Hi Sarah
I don't know if you have bought a run now? Anyway, I bought my run brand new on ebay from couple in Andover. The run is really well made, had very good instructions and all the screws were pre screwed in, we just had to tighten them up.

The couple are really knowledgeable, they have rabbits and know about suitable run sizes etc.

I bought a 6ftx4ft run which is about 2.5ft high. It cost about £45 + £12 postage. I got them to customise it as I added it to my shed so only needed 3sides. They were really helpful and I will definitely use them again as I want to extend the run at some point when I can afford it.

Here is the exact run I bought from them:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Run-6f...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item3f06852b98

Hope this helps.
Kim

Last edited:
Back