• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie not well tonite...vibes please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i am worried its his papilloma in his bottom....again...but it could be the upset of me taking the decs down..he loves sleeping under the tree and every year he has a sulk for days.

but i am worried for the big old softie.

i gave him metaclop syrup....infacol syrup and some metacam....

time to give him a butt bath if he picks up so we can get some more cream on it..again.

hes due a second lot of baycox in about a week....and then hopefully can get his booster jab..vhd one i think it is..have to check as he couldnt have it due to his being off.....and merlin keep getting gi probs he missed his too. worrying after losing dazy-mae to vhd like pulmonary oedema:(

so please send my rew live cuddly toy/pyjama case ..thats what hes been mistaken for so many times..and a pillow/cushion once:lol:

my big old furry bertie....needs all the vibes poss. his poos are small and not many....hes not eating much either...off to vets i guess...poor old boy.

Poor Bertie :cry: Thinking of him & sending him all the vibes we can. Come on cuddly fella, get better soon xxxxx

thank you all so much.....i dont want to jinx it but hes a bit better..he had metaclop three times today all 2.5ml doses...as well tonight hed had 2ml zantac and a dose of doggy metacam.
then two 60ml syringes each about 45/50ml in it...science selective pellets with hot water and some hipp organic baby food..pear and apple pudding....and he took it all.

about an hour ago he was snoozing with bluebell and did about 8 bog sized poops..hurrah!

hes nibbled a few pellets just now...and has had a few threads of hay...and has been sleepier than usual......but that maybe the metacam and bluebell ransacking the downstairs all night:oops:

he was very upset when i boxed up the tree tonight..he did his sulk and turn his back on me:oops:

i am worried as hes still snuffly....and his botty is in neede of a bath....but i cannot do it alone....so have to see if i can bring in a bowl of warm water and a load of towels into the lounge tomorrow and nikki can tlak to him and calm him down whilst i use some warm water and a soft sponge...its too close to trim the fur.....he ate a huge soft poop directly form his bottom today but left another one onm the floor.

the soft poops get to stick his fur together but only a bit..the furs very short there..clipped!!
I am going to keep an eye on him tonight and if he gets worse then ill rush him to emergency vets.
otherwise i am going to make an appt with the vets further away as no bunny vet at cowplain animed anymore.

i donmt want to take him if i can help it..maybe i can just talk to the vet over the phone..as its his usual problem.

his pasturella is not thick muck or snot but his nose is a bit damp in his nostrils..like a stressed rabbit.
i hate stressing him out as he gets so panick stricken and snuffly...

he needs more cream for his bottom....its still swollen but doesnt look as bad as it did..i gave him a break from the cream over xmas...and just kept an eye on him and will restart now...i had to get him his 1st dose of baycox and settle back in knowing merlin could no longer be his snuggle bunny as bluebell will kill him first:(

but im glad hes got her....shes a nice pillow for him...and merlins poos have been a nice size and amount..no clumps of soft poops from over eating berties pellets of science selective.

i know deep down he will need to go to the vets...but i get sick with worry he will stress out and die....more than get sick with his tummy....

i will ring the vets in morning....and get an idea of when he can be seen..and make my way in the taxi....ten quid each way but worth it for bertie to see a bun savvy vet.

more vibes please..to keep him improving overnite.

thank you

bertie says hed give out his cuddles but he might not be given back..until he poops on the carpets or pees on your shoes cos youve mad him mad :oops::lol:

Debbie I will always help you with your fur family. I had to give Daisy (Bridge Bun) regular bum baths as she had loads of health issues and couldn't clean herself. I put cream on her and in the summer rearguard too as she was an outdoor bun.

At the moment Peggy has to have bum baths too. She has long fur and doesn't always clean herself as well as she should. She eats exactly the same as Sue who is fine so I am not sure what is causing it, but think it is probably just the fact her fur is so long. I do Peggy on my own because I have to, but she is much smaller than Bertie and I always end up with myself and the shower-room soaked!!!

Although I work I am sure I could fit in a visit to help bathe Bertie or assist with meds or anything else you need help with. Would be happy to help.

Back