• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland Dwarf Advice

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Does any one have any tips or particular experience with Netherland Dwarfs that might be handy for me to know? This is my first time owning a Nethi so I'd like to be aware and prepared as much as possible in advance :) (Even though I have her in my garden already :D)

hmm, they can all be different really, so i would take it as it comes :lol:
generally, they are quite hyper :)....and i have found greedy, but what bunny isnt :lol:

:wave:hey I have a netherland. What particular advice are you after?

**sorry thought the other one didnt post**

Last edited:
They are lovable, cheeky, friendly and gorgeous. Oh and love loads of space to run madly round! :D

They are lovable, cheeky, friendly and gorgeous. Oh and love loads of space to run madly round! :D

This! (with emphasis on the cheeky!!) And for their size they can be rather bossy to their bunny mums and dads :roll::lol:

They are super cute! Also have a tendency to dental problems because of the shape of their faces, but lots of hay should keep that under control.
Little bunnies with HUGE attitude!

I have 4 :D, all very hyper & full of character :D,

though I have heard they can get teeth problems because of their flat face, but the only bun I have came near to having problems with, & that was just my vet saying I need to keep en eye on his teeth as his back teeth are quite sharp :)

I had a Netherland dwarf. Buns Buns was his name. I agree with everyone. They are very cheeky and energetic. I do think that he needed so much more wide open space to run than my Californian. He was quite the jumper and escape artistic. Binky king he was.

My 4 have quite different characters to each other:

Blackie -MAD! Boisterous, cheeky, bossy, hyperactive. Has dental problems.

Dandelion - Bossy, lively, super-intelligent, very demanding of attention.

Buttercup - Dignified, cheeky in a shy way

Clover - Foodie! Loves his food, but with a sensitive tummy.

They all have lots of energy and need sooo much room to run around.

They are all also utterly adorable :love::love::love::love::love:

ETA: Oh, and 2 of mine are very good climbers! They are so nosey they climb up the mesh of the aviary :shock:

My 4 have quite different characters to each other:

Blackie -MAD! Boisterous, cheeky, bossy, hyperactive. Has dental problems.

Dandelion - Bossy, lively, super-intelligent, very demanding of attention.

Buttercup - Dignified, cheeky in a shy way

Clover - Foodie! Loves his food, but with a sensitive tummy.

They all have lots of energy and need sooo much room to run around.

They are all also utterly adorable :love::love::love::love::love:

ETA: Oh, and 2 of mine are very good climbers! They are so nosey they climb up the mesh of the aviary :shock:

It's amazing to know you can tell all of your rabbits apart :D I love the idea of 4 rabbits looking the same, looks like a little of babies :)

Too all previous posts, I'm looking for any information that may be different or differently grouped to that of the "average" rabbit. IE -Dental issue etc :)

I love my nethie, he is the boss :) He is so loving, constantly kissing me, follows me everywhere, very cheeky and if i tell him no, he looks at me as if to say "how dare you"..:D

I love my nethie, he is the boss :) He is so loving, constantly kissing me, follows me everywhere, very cheeky and if i tell him no, he looks at me as if to say "how dare you"..:D

LOL! Very cute. Our new rabbit (no name yet) seems very curious, she's fine around people but you can tell she doesn't recognise my scent. Some times she smells and just sits there then toddles off. Other times she'll smell my hand and jump back. Usually if i give thumper a cuddle first then put my hand near her she's fine to sit by me. I so want to bond them now :( But I know I can't until I've changed her food over and got her fixed :( though I might be cheaky and see if they'll work once her food is changed over :) she'll be getting the fix at some point regardless due to health issues etc

He sounds just like my Peter (when he's cheeky he gets his full name 'Peter Benjamin!'). He is cheeky too and a real character. he is so loving though....he loves sitting on my knee and having his nose and ears scratched, loves lying in my arms like a baby (see pics here... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=4285880#post4285880 ). He runs to me in the morning when I get up (he's a house bunny) and when I get in from work for me to pick him up and give him big hugs. He also likes snuggling his head into my neck for a nap.

My friends and family think I treat him like a human child, but he is so lovely it's hard not to. I wouldn't change a bit of him!! :love:

He sounds just like my Peter (when he's cheeky he gets his full name 'Peter Benjamin!'). He is cheeky too and a real character. he is so loving though....he loves sitting on my knee and having his nose and ears scratched, loves lying in my arms like a baby (see pics here... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=4285880#post4285880 ). He runs to me in the morning when I get up (he's a house bunny) and when I get in from work for me to pick him up and give him big hugs. He also likes snuggling his head into my neck for a nap.

My friends and family think I treat him like a human child, but he is so lovely it's hard not to. I wouldn't change a bit of him!! :love:

Awh :D

Back