• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We think Helen is having a phantom pregnancy.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
We have noticed just lately that Mummy Helen has been rather nasty to Baby Saint and she has been acting rather strangely, this morning we found loads of fur and Mike checked them both but couldn't find anything, later this afternoon we found another lot of fur and Mike picked Helen up and she has been pulling her fur out on her tummy and all on her side and I think she is having a phantom pregnancy which will account for her attitude towards Baby Saint at times. We are going to give her till the weekend and if she is no better will take her to the vets for a hormone injection.
Helen is spayed as Francis Harcourt Brown did the op.

Helen4-1-11002.jpg

Oh, bless her. Give her some snuggles from me, and of course to Baby Saint as well.

How spooky. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have a phantom pregnancy in a spayed rabbit

OH has been saying he thinks Ebbie is having a phantom pregnancy due to her behaviour of late, but I didn't think it was possible because she's neutered. I thought it only happened in un-neutered rabbits

How spooky. I wanted to ask if it was possible to have a phantom pregnancy in a spayed rabbit

OH has been saying he thinks Ebbie is having a phantom pregnancy due to her behaviour of late, but I didn't think it was possible because she's neutered. I thought it only happened in un-neutered rabbits

I've been told if they have left even a tiny little bit of the tube behind when they have done the op this can happen, don't know if that's true.

My pair of Dopeys made a beautiful nest after being spayed.

I would also be concerned that she is feeling ill (possibly in the area where she plucked fur on her side) and that is also causing the behaviour you're seeing.

I've been told if they have left even a tiny little bit of the tube behind when they have done the op this can happen, don't know if that's true.

Ebbie is digging and attacking the cat bed we have for her, seems to be bullying Oliver and is developing a dew lap. I haven't found masses of fur anywhere though. I'll have a look at her tum :)

I don't know if any of this really consitutes a phantom pregnancy - just my oh's (who is by no means any expert on buns) input :)

Back