• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two neutered boys together?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
We are wanting to bond two boys together (as we have two single boys who seem to us very similar in temperaments).

Do many others have two boys together/ We have only had two boys in a trio before (ie two boys with a girl).

Any special advice or things to watch out for whilst bonding?

They are both very very nervous and timid buns . . .

I've got a trio of boys who were a pair of boys and single boy until recently. They just 'clicked' and have never had any serious scraps.

Don't push a male/male bond...if they feel comfortable together they'll bond pretty easily. If there is serious fighting then just forget about it.

We have two boys - they were bonded for us by a rescue though. I was worried about it but apparently it went fine, and I think I remember several people saying to me it can be easier than other bonds but, then I remember someone else saying it could be a lot harder.

Thats probably not much help but they are incredibly happy together and both love having each other for company and follow each other around and are generally very calm around each other.

Hi Twigs.

Sorry I haven't responded to your e-mail today so far. Just been on and checked my mailbox.

Happy to try a pair of your boys.

I haven't however ever bonded same sex pairs before - only trios with two same sex buns.

No advice other than the usual stuff to offer at this stage I am afraid.

I have 2 pairs of boys, and they are really happy in their pairs :)

I knew nothing about bonding when I got them, and they were separated for neutering, and as I hadn't found RU I'm sure I went about everything the wrong way :oops: But they are happy and love each other :love:

Not one of the bonding experts but I had a little boy bunny with a group I was fostering who was in to find a friend. He wasn't keen on the 2 girl bunnies in the group but got on particularly well with a pair of the boys so they went off with him to a lovely forever home so it can be possible for boys to be bonded. I suppose it depends on their temperaments.

I have a current trio of two males and a female, but prior to being a trio the two males were a very happy couple. The bond was super easy (and done in my novice days). They just clicked. I think it will be obvious if they will work or not fairly early on.

Hi Twigs.

Sorry I haven't responded to your e-mail today so far. Just been on and checked my mailbox.

Happy to try a pair of your boys.

I haven't however ever bonded same sex pairs before - only trios with two same sex buns.

No advice other than the usual stuff to offer at this stage I am afraid.

well we could throw in another male and female to make a foursome ;);)

the male of the male/female pair is an incredibly friendly bun . . . very very laid back and relaxed . . . in fact you would never gues in a million years that he still has his plums :oops::oops: In fact Gooseberry (one of the single male buns) was with the male/female pair before but the female got jealous and kept chasing him away from 'her' man so we split them - I suspect that it would not be such a problem if there were four of them - but at present had just set my sights on the two currently single males getting together

Last edited:
Twigs

Do you want me to give the boys a go when I do the others for you? If you do let me know what you want so that I have enough pens and spaces for what ever you bring down with you.

Twigs

Do you want me to give the boys a go when I do the others for you? If you do let me know what you want so that I have enough pens and spaces for what ever you bring down with you.

How about I just bring down all 22 and you group them as you feel best;););) (you think I'm joking:shock::shock:).

How about I just bring down all 22 and you group them as you feel best;););) (you think I'm joking:shock::shock:).

So that will be 3 groups of 6 and 1 group of 4 unless Helen has a spare pair we coudl bond into make another group of 6 :lol:

Seriously think about what you want bonded and I will give it a go. I dont mind having 3 bonding pens set up in the room at the same time.

If I end up staying up because of one lot, it really doesnt make a lot of difference if I have more on the go.

that is really a very very generous offer: we will take you up on it (though not all 22 you will be relived to hear as some have chronic problems that are not well tolerated in larger groups alas. Blackberry has fits and gets picked on - VR is struggling with inner ear problems at present and Thistles gets all upset at having no front teeth if there are too many at the food bowl.

I will PM or e-mail you in next few days with our thoughts!

Will give generous donation to rescue of your choice for each bun bonded!!;);)

I have two unrelated neutered boys Comet and Apollo. Easiest bond I ever did.

I also have two brothers who I'm hoping to bond. The plan had been to neuter them at the same time but one's bits droped before the others and he was getting a bit frisky so I seperated before they started fighting as didn't want to risk my chances of a permanent bond.

When i bonded George into my trio the boys got on better than the girls and George :roll:

I find my boys get on better together than my girls do :roll:

I think if their temperament match take it the same way you would bond any other bunnies :wave: Just be extra cautious :)

I've had two pairs of neutered bonded boys :wave: If found out that with boys, they either REALLY get on, or REALLY don't. You just have to be extra careful in the start and access the situation quicker than other pairs. Good luck! :D

thanks everyone for this - I think we may be taking them to be bonded with Janice - who is kindly trying to get some of the other pairs into larger groups to help us out with cleaning/accommodation time and costs:)

Back