• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starbuck Humping Muesli All of a Sudden?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Any thoughts as to why this may be? They have been bonded for 2 months now, and there has been the occasional humping but tonight Starbuck has just done about 10 humps on Muesli in a row.

I've also heard Starbuck sneezing a couple of times but its just once or twice and then nothing. They are both being treated for EC and Muesli is also being treated for a UTI....

Please offer your advice, I am worried :(

Sorry this should probably be in Behaviour and Bonding, but does anyone have any ideas?

Starbuck has again just humped Muesli a few times in a row :? I dont know why.

Not sure my group all hump now and then. What is the weather like with you now? Im wondering if it could be the start of spring fever :shock:

My two have been bonded since October and Lucky has just started humping Daisy.

I just put it down to the increase in temperature and as webkath mentions, spring fever?

Light levels are slowly increasing - spring fever is very likely. Also, as a bond settles down the balance can alter again or one bunny may feel a need to impose their position a bit more as this happens, or if bun is feeling poorly then they might feel a bit more vulnerable and react by again a need to impose their position over the other bun. Bonded buns also mount a lot it's quite normal. Poppy often does it when she wakes up and is feeling full of beans and playful... it's just an outlet for her, but if i'm in the room she likes to be top 'female' so often my presence plays a part. The only problem is Nino won't let her AND it gets him all excited and they end up going round in circles honking neither letting the other mount, then give up :lol: It can happen several times a day or not for days/weeks. It's just normal bonded behaviour.

The only other possibility I can think of is that there is the smell or sight of your other buns causing an issue - if spring is commencing then Starbuck might be feeling more sensitive to this at the moment than before.

Thank you everyone :wave:

It may just be spring fever then, I should have thought of that because I remember Star humping Twinkle a lot last spring. ETA: just thought spring was still a while off but I guess the weather has been so up and down. He has been a bit more exciteable lately.

Starbuck is still doing the odd sneeze. They are both back to vets tomorrow.

Last edited:
Spring is in the air :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wish it would hurry up & come then!!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm fed up of the dark mornings & early nights!! :?

I've noticed one or two of our pairs getting a fruity with each other recently as well so would guess it's because it's been milder etc.

Hope they both go on ok tomorrow at the vets Helen xxx

I wish it would hurry up & come then!!! :lol::lol::lol: I'm fed up of the dark mornings & early nights!! :?
I've noticed one or two of our pairs getting a fruity with each other recently as well so would guess it's because it's been milder etc.

Hope they both go on ok tomorrow at the vets Helen xxx

And me!!

It must be what it is then, Starbuck has been quite exciteable lately.

Thank you Denise. :wave:

It's not the mildness or the warmth - it's the changing light levels on their retinas which stimulates the pituitary and hypothalamus and other endocrine organs :wave:

Back