• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i have some reassurance that im doing the right thing re poos

Tonight i noticed Dolly has been having small, dark, wetish, smelly poos. They are squishy, not hard and i found a few uneaten cecals which i havent done for a while. Shes is still eating so im not too worried. I assume its Dolly, the only way i can tell is by smelling their bottoms :oops::shock: or seperating them.

My plan is to feed nothing but hay, hay, hay! I have a bag of Woodlands Chamomile Harvest that is unopened, they havent had any before, is it ok to add this or readi Grass to encourage them to eat more hay or should i just stick to their basic hay for tonight?

I can never understand what causes this to happen, they havent had anything different today, apart from possibly some dried apple and blackcurrant leaves. But they have had dried herbs/leaves and things in the past. :?

I wish they could talk, would make life so much less stressful! :lol:

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but I've had the same problem before and just fed the buns hay, the poos were fine again the next day. I would stick to the Hay they are used to though, just give them loads, just having hay won't do them any harm anyway x

I'm no expert, but I've had the same problem before and just fed the buns hay, the poos were fine again the next day. I would stick to the Hay they are used to though, just give them loads, just having hay won't do them any harm anyway x

Yeah, it has happened a few times with Dolly. It just annoys me because i cant work out why, or whats causing it.

Can it be caused by simply not eating enough hay? Marleys a good hay eater, but im not so sure about Dolly.

I suppose it could be caused by that, or maybe just having more than her usual share of pellets/whatever food you feed them. It is annoying when it seems you haven't done anything differently or fed them anything new! As long as the poos get back to normal soon I wouldn't worry :)
Jo x

I suppose it could be caused by that, or maybe just having more than her usual share of pellets/whatever food you feed them. It is annoying when it seems you haven't done anything differently or fed them anything new! As long as the poos get back to normal soon I wouldn't worry :)
Jo x

Thanks :) I knew what i had to do, but it just puts my mind at ease, theres noone in my house that can reassure me, theyre all clueless!

Back