• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay ordered from internet?

shadow05

Mama Doe
im sorry ive heard that u can get hay off of certain sites. does anybody know any really good sites. also which is the best liked hay.

i was gonna stick to were i normally get it but i think it might be a good idea to start buying in huge bluck especially while i wont have a job for quite a while after i leave collage.

i also want to try him on stuff he hasn't had before.

so if anybody knows any sites that give out free samples and free delivery that would be absolutely great.

is it weird to get excited about hay lol

Yes, I usually get mine from the Hay Experts - they're really good. You can get sample packs aswell to see which your bun likes:D

We use Willow Warren, our bunnies love it, very green and fresh, long stalks, always good levels of customer service, I've also found that it helps our dental bunnies go longer between dentals and help keep their tummies ticking along...not cheap though

http://www.willowwarren.co.uk/

I use The Hay Experts and www.sphsupplies.co.uk.

My two loves Burns green oat hay and Readigrass (which is just dried grass).

I dont think buying off the internet is necessarily cheap though. But I do think finding a hay that your rabbit loves is worth the cost :D

If you want to bulk buy cheaply (and have the storage), I would think buying a bale from a farm shop would be best. But it's a false economy if it's not good hay that your rabbit chomps happily.

Louie has to make do with farm hay, I don't buy posh stuff :D

It's been really lovely hay though this year, I got some more today and it was just as good and only £2 :D

I use The Hay Experts and www.sphsupplies.co.uk.

My two loves Burns green oat hay and Readigrass (which is just dried grass).

I dont think buying off the internet is necessarily cheap though. But I do think finding a hay that your rabbit loves is worth the cost :D

If you want to bulk buy cheaply (and have the storage), I would think buying a bale from a farm shop would be best. But it's a false economy if it's not good hay that your rabbit chomps happily.

well i am eventually hoping to put him on hay fully if he will allow it maybe with some pellets, and veggies.

as for farm shops dont know any from were i live.

It's been really lovely hay though this year, I got some more today and it was just as good and only £2 :D

I do this for the most part and then once or twice a year I get in some posh stuff and they have this every now and then on top of the meadow hay.

well i am eventually hoping to put him on hay fully if he will allow it maybe with some pellets, and veggies.

as for farm shops dont know any from were i live.

Have you seen any horses or stables around? They'll know where in your area there are bales. Or go to google maps and search for 'hay bale near POSTCODE' possibly. Or 'horse feed' gets up results near me for places I know sell hay bales.

The stuff i buy is about a black bag not full there is a bit missing from the top but thats only £1 a go, but i cant aways get some and i dont have a car so i cant load a car full of the stuff. The most i can bring back with me is two bags at a push. Anyways i openeded that yesterday and it smelt really nice and looks really fresh. dont know wat type of hay it is. i think its from a farm.

Have you seen any horses or stables around? They'll know where in your area there are bales. Or go to google maps and search for 'hay bale near POSTCODE' possibly. Or 'horse feed' gets up results near me for places I know sell hay bales.

i tryed google maps the nearest places are in sheffield. which is out of reach. :(

i tryed google maps the nearest places are in sheffield. which is out of reach. :(

Try a few different searches - hay stockists, hay and straw, horse suppliers, etc.

Or try finding a stable and asking them where they get theirs.

Back