• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about Milo *UD 07/01*

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have noticed over the last few days that he seems little more inactive than usual. I also noticed tonight when I picked him up that he felt lighter (he hates being picked up so I try not to). He hasn't been eating his pellets with as much enthusiasiam as he used to and the consumption of hay has gone down. Its his teeth isn't it? We tried looking tonight but he really didn't want to open his mouth and I didn't want to force it.

Last edited:
If you're worried the best bet is to get him an appointment at the vets.

Blackie eats less as his teeth start to hurt, and needs to be seen pretty quickly before he stops eating.

x

They look normal but I think not as much as usual. I have cleaned out his litter tray now so I can keep an eye out during the evening.

I hope things go well at the vets :) If it is his teeth the vet will be able to have a look, try and keep him eating tonight anything he likes (thats good for him obviously) i usally put a little bit of warm water and mush up caspers pellets when he has dental, lots of vibes for him :wave:

How much do dentals usually cost?

Mine cost £150, but that's the top end of the scale - so hopefully your siwll be a lot less.

If Milo is allowed carrot try grating some of that for him to eat - that's what keeps Blackie going until he gets his dental done (or any other veg you can grate that he really likes) :)

mine cost around £70 per bun but i pay a certain amount each month to my vets practise plan which means i get 20% discount on everything and free jabs and 2 check ups per year. i find this useful as eric needs dentals regularly and esme a couple of times per year.

Thank you all :wave: He seems a little brighter than before but I will still take him for a check up tomorrow. I am worried because I am going away on the 20th and I don't want anything to happen to him while I am gone. He is going to Bobtails so I am sure he will be in excellent hands.

Thank you all :wave: He seems a little brighter than before but I will still take him for a check up tomorrow. I am worried because I am going away on the 20th and I don't want anything to happen to him while I am gone. He is going to Bobtails so I am sure he will be in excellent hands.

its always a worry going away :( one of my buns is 9 this year.. each year is harder to leave him as he is a dental bun, but like you said he will be in safe hands :D my buns have my mum.. who they like as she feeds them every hour of every day :shock: :lol: i really hope all goes well at the vets, please try not to worry :)

He's like a completely different bunny this morning. Bright and eating hay :) I will take him to the vets for a check up but he seems like he is back to normal.

So sorry I missed this last night, but I'm pleased he seems more like himself today. :wave: Good luck with the check up.

Back