• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send Harvey some vibes UD almost well again

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: OH keeps leaving bin bags in the kitchen even though I've told him not to because it keeps tempting the rabbits in and they break through the barricade and get into them.

Anyway... this morning Lucy and Harvey got through the barrier into the kitchen and ate half a loaf of stale bread between them, some wrappers and who knows what else. I've kept a close eye on them all day and Lucy has been fine, but about three quarters of an hour ago Harvey was in the 'tummy press' pose so we had a mad dash to the vets.

He's been eating, not sure on the poop situation, and he's bright and hopping about as usual, but his tummy does feel hard. The vet injected him with some gut stimulant and said to come back if he stops eating or if his intestinal area starts feeling hard.

Poor lad, has he also had some pain relief and fluids ?

Lots of vibes for him xx

He only had the one injection so I don't think so. He doesn't seem in pain at all although he's probably at least uncomfortable :( we are just trying to get him to take as much fluids and hay as possible. I just took him to the vets up the road, not my usual vets. They are very rabbit savvy but also very rude and don't accept suggestions. It's just the top half of his stomach that feels hard. He was flopped out a minute ago but now he's pressing his tummy against the wood panel on our floor :( guessing it's colder than the carpet

Aw, poor Harvey :(

Lots of get well vibes heading his way.

Hope you make the OH pay the vets bill - that might teach him to stop leaving the bags where the buns can get them!

I think it's taught him a valuable lesson Blackberry, Harvey is his favourite.

How long can you use Metacam after it's been opened? I have some off Zero from a couple of months ago I could give him

I think it's taught him a valuable lesson Blackberry, Harvey is his favourite.

How long can you use Metacam after it's been opened? I have some off Zero from a couple of months ago I could give him

If its still in its original bottle I believe its 6 months.

he's flopping out for a while, then hopping around, then going into tummy ache position, then hopping again, then flopping :? would think he wouldn't be flopping out if he was in pain

he's flopping out for a while, then hopping around, then going into tummy ache position, then hopping again, then flopping :? would think he wouldn't be flopping out if he was in pain

Alvin was once in so much pain he actually rolled onto his back :(. dont want to scare you tho, but it sounds like he cant get comfy :( moving is good tho, make him move as much as you can

Alvin was once in so much pain he actually rolled onto his back :(. dont want to scare you tho, but it sounds like he cant get comfy :( moving is good tho, make him move as much as you can

yeah that's what it seems like, that he can't get comfy :( he's just in the corner now hunched up. I've given him some metacam

thanks. I've tried a tummy massage but he keeps squirming away which isn't like Harvey at all. He normally wolves veg and pellets down but he's had a couple of nibbles on a fenugreek crunchie and left everything else :( He had a couple of stems of broccoli before we went to the vets because I thought it was stasis but if it's bloat I don't want to give him any more broccoli in case it makes him even more gassy. It's his fav though.

Back