• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updates on Lymington buns and piggies? Pretty please!

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I often wonder how the rest of the Lymington rescue buns and piggies have been doing so thought I'd start a thread and see how many are still connected with members of RU.

The bun I rehomed - Furby - is doing brilliantly. I soon discovered he is deaf and he went through a stage of not eating and needed a dental which worked for a while but then he stopped eating again with no apparent cause. He was neutered at the same time as his dental which confused him a bit!!

I then bonded him with Faye - a young BARC (babes in the wood) bun and the difference in Furby is amazing. He rushes to his food dish as soon as I put it down - he has to or Faye eats it all - and he really enjoys his food now. He loves Faye dearly and she rests her head under his - it's so cute. He will tolerate human cuddles but prefers bunny ones.

I will take a photo and text it to Lara and ask her if she will be really kind and add it to this thread.

So - does anyone know how any of the other Lymington rescues are doing? I'd love to hear and will let Furby know (I still talk to him although he is deaf - I am sure he can lip read:))

One of my fosters, Paula, found a lovely husbun and went to her new home last weekend. The other two girls, who are with Donna now, will be viewed later this week, so fingers crossed that they will go to a fab new home, too.

Oh I hope so. It's good to hear of other Lymington buns doing well :) I adore Furby - he is a real character and I am just so grateful to everyone involved in the rescue. From the photos it clearly wasn't pleasant!

one of the piggies we took in had a single baby
the mum, now called Tavy..and her baby, now called Eden....have just been adopted by their foster mum Ange ( Thumpinbun) and have joined her herd
pic of mum and very young baby

tavyb.jpg

What a totally gorgeous photo and wonderful to hear they both have a forever home. I love baby guinea-pigs - they always seem to be born 'ready to go'. Eden does look like her Mum and it's great they can stay together.

I am going to let Furby know later. At the moment he is far too busy nomming his breakfast to worry about anything else!!!

Back