• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My other half got me a kindle today-Good purchases?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I was quite surprised my other half got me a kindle this morning. What is good in rabbit care on kindle at the moment- discounted - does anyone know. I noticed notes on internal medicine had some money off the rrp.

Anything else.

Does anyone else have one- what kinds of books do you read on it- is it any good- I feel like I'm going to miss my paperbacks!

P.s if i spill coffee or wine on it- are the books i buy stored somewhere for me to retrieve.

Thanks

Hi, I love mine! I don't know about rabbit care books as I've not looked for any.
There are lots of free books, however, which you can search for on amazon kindlestore and they are also stored on your amazon account. I have an app for my blackberrry and netbook as well.
I certainly don't miss the paperbacks - bookshelves are full and I can still keep reading!

Hi, I love mine! I don't know about rabbit care books as I've not looked for any.
There are lots of free books, however, which you can search for on amazon kindlestore and they are also stored on your amazon account. I have an app for my blackberrry and netbook as well.
I certainly don't miss the paperbacks - bookshelves are full and I can still keep reading!

Great :) Thanks. I'm just getting a cover now- have you got one of these- i don't know which one to buy though- such mixed reviews on amazon.

I have a blackberry but it's out of action at the moment. Will add it when it's fixed though.

I didn't realise there were free books- someone said something about text to speech too- so i'm guessing you can listen to the books also- which is fab!

glad you like your prezzie see i dont think i woulduse one as i love books and love the feel and smell of books i just find its a bit strange reading off a screen lol
guess you can read at night without a light on that could work :D

Last edited:
glad you like your prezzie see i dont think i woulduse one as i love books and love the feel and smell of books i just find its a bit strange reading off a screen lol
guess you can read at night without a light on that could work :D

I think you have to get the kindle cover with a light- but i hear that they break the kindle so i didn't bother

I have a book reader on my iphone but still love the real thing too. My mum wanted to get me a kindle but Ive said no until theyve been out longer, just so I can get the newest one poss with all the perks ;)

I bought my hubby a kindle for xmas.. he loves it.you do need a light if you want to read at night, my hubby has a really bright LED reading light which works just fine when he reads his kindle in bed.

I bought my hubby a kindle for xmas.. he loves it.you do need a light if you want to read at night, my hubby has a really bright LED reading light which works just fine when he reads his kindle in bed.

Did it come with the kindle or did he buy it separately?

A Kindle? Great!
I suggest you donwload this software:
http://calibre-ebook.com/
It will let you store ebooks and convert them between formats.

This said, I foud some good rabbit books (all in PDF format though) on http://library.nu:
http://library.nu/search?q=rabbit
You need to register in order to access the books.
In particular I suggest this one:
http://library.nu/docs/0R9CFQMGS4/Textbook%20of%20Rabbit%20Medicine not just to Kindle owners, but to everyone in here.

Thanks for all the links- i'll get downloading- what a great help x

How much do the downloads cost?

From library.nu? Nothing, those books are free.
From Amazon or other ebook sites, each book is priced differently. If a book is old and author's rights have expired, you can often find an electronic copy for free or for very cheap - I downloaded Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-glass together for 0,89 USD. In this case the price only covers costs for converting the book into the electronic format.

Back