• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental Bun Diets Liquidizing food?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Good baby foods to give etc?

Best thing to liquidize carrots with etc.
What is okay to liquidize for them?

Please list some links. My lot wont eat any shredded stuff at all. Also

Thanks

I used to buy Hipp Organic apple and pear puddiing and Peter loved it. I mixed critical care with the baby food. ;)

I used to buy Hipp Organic apple and pear puddiing and Peter loved it. I mixed critical care with the baby food. ;)

Thanks do you have a link for where i can get this?

p.s Did you syringe feed or just leave in a bowl. Do you know where i can get some online syringes- other than the vets of course.

i dont know if its any good info but.. when casper had his dental he loved me putting some warm water into some of his pellets and mushing it up :) he loves it when he is poorly, but you prob know that :wave:

i dont know if its any good info but.. when casper had his dental he loved me putting some warm water into some of his pellets and mushing it up :) he loves it when he is poorly, but you prob know that :wave:

Thanks Hun- he is fine eating his pellets, just not so good with veggies.
Not sure why the difference- I think it's the shape- the excel pellets are small and round- strips of shredded veg he struggles without his front incisors.

I haven't tried adding warm water to pellets before. I've fed critical care formula by syringe in the past for sunny who's had problems. I get all this from the vets though- so was wondering best place to get online- i imagine- vetuk.

Syringes- talk to your vets or a pharmacist about ordering by the box. [They make a large 20ml one for giving oral opiates for kids.]

I have a small hand coffee grinder that I sling SS pellets through to make SS porridge from.

You can also 'steam' ss pellets with a little water in the microwave for 10 seconds to make a soft pellet that smells nice- make sure they cool before offering.

Stuff baby food in jars if your looking after a few dental buns or money is a bit tight.

Buy a hand held baby food blender then you can make your own up according to each buns tastes. You can get basic hand-blenders from £10 up.
I do however keep in a small sachet of baby carrot/parsnip/apple puree for absolute emergencies.

Thanks do you have a link for where i can get this?

p.s Did you syringe feed or just leave in a bowl. Do you know where i can get some online syringes- other than the vets of course.

You can get it from most supermarkets ...

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda...Organic_Apple_And_Pear_Pudding_4mth_125g.html

I used to mix the baby food with critical care (more baby food than critical care) and then syringe feed it. Peter used to lick his lips. :love:

I got all my syringes from the vet, however, I know you can buy them from chemists. Children's syringes are pretty colours!! My sister work is a Co-Op Pharmacy, so I know they definitely sell them. ;)

Do you currently have a dental bun?

Thanks Hun- he is fine eating his pellets, just not so good with veggies.
Not sure why the difference- I think it's the shape- the excel pellets are small and round- strips of shredded veg he struggles without his front incisors.

I haven't tried adding warm water to pellets before. I've fed critical care formula by syringe in the past for sunny who's had problems. I get all this from the vets though- so was wondering best place to get online- i imagine- vetuk.

Thats a shame, funny enough casper goes off his veg more then his pellets when he has dental too, although he suffers with his back teeth, im not very experianced in frount teeth :( sorry, but i do know a site that has all medicines and stuff on it as we advise the site to people at work (im a dog groomer) but they do rabbit stuff too, its no good for me as i have to pay my vet alot for a prescribtion .. so it works out more expensive but it all depends on if your vet charges or not :) here is the site.. www.vet-medic.com dont know if you have seen it before :wave:

You can get it from most supermarkets ...

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda...Organic_Apple_And_Pear_Pudding_4mth_125g.html

I used to mix the baby food with critical care (more baby food than critical care) and then syringe feed it. Peter used to lick his lips. :love:

I got all my syringes from the vet, however, I know you can buy them from chemists. Children's syringes are pretty colours!! My sister work is a Co-Op Pharmacy, so I know they definitely sell them. ;)

Do you currently have a dental bun?

I have 4 at the moment.

Shadow has his incisors that have been removed but it snapped in removal so he will be back for it doing again. He did eat veggies before his teeth were removed, but now struggles too much to even eat shredded. He can't eat hay either.

Blaze has spurs and he has had his incisors removed too. He doesn't eat veg since the incisor dental op. He can't eat hay.

Patch has spurs but his incisors are okay. Patch is fine with veggies. It's the two with no incisors which struggle. He eats hay.

Sunny had his incisors snapped off at the vets at a dental- they haven't grown back- he doesn't have any spurs i don't think but needs regular tear duct flushing. He doesn't touch veg either. He doesn't touch hay.

Thanks for the link. Will get some pretty syringes then so i can identify who's is who's better.

Syringes- talk to your vets or a pharmacist about ordering by the box. [They make a large 20ml one for giving oral opiates for kids.]

I have a small hand coffee grinder that I sling SS pellets through to make SS porridge from.

You can also 'steam' ss pellets with a little water in the microwave for 10 seconds to make a soft pellet that smells nice- make sure they cool before offering.

Stuff baby food in jars if your looking after a few dental buns or money is a bit tight.

Buy a hand held baby food blender then you can make your own up according to each buns tastes. You can get basic hand-blenders from £10 up.
I do however keep in a small sachet of baby carrot/parsnip/apple puree for absolute emergencies.

Thanks that is handy information.

Thats a shame, funny enough casper goes off his veg more then his pellets when he has dental too, although he suffers with his back teeth, im not very experianced in frount teeth :( sorry, but i do know a site that has all medicines and stuff on it as we advise the site to people at work (im a dog groomer) but they do rabbit stuff too, its no good for me as i have to pay my vet alot for a prescribtion .. so it works out more expensive but it all depends on if your vet charges or not :) here is the site.. www.vet-medic.com dont know if you have seen it before :wave:

Thanks for the link. Three of mine have incisors problems. The one with just spurs can eat fine. He is in for another dental today though- his molars are growing so fast. The vet worried me when she said they were nearly up to his cheek. He only had a dental a short while ago.

Thanks for the link. Three of mine have incisors problems. The one with just spurs can eat fine. He is in for another dental today though- his molars are growing so fast. The vet worried me when she said they were nearly up to his cheek. He only had a dental a short while ago.

o no! must be such hard work keeping them all up together!, casper is checked every 3 months the vet trys to keep them worn down without GA because he has a respiratory problem and he is 9 this year.. he had to go under GA for a emergancy once.. came through fine but the spures were awful, as doing it manually is not as good as having a good look around, now he has just had the snuffles :roll: but thankfully after his big GA he has not had any more spures for 6 months! *touch wood*

o no! must be such hard work keeping them all up together!, casper is checked every 3 months the vet trys to keep them worn down without GA because he has a respiratory problem and he is 9 this year.. he had to go under GA for a emergancy once.. came through fine but the spures were awful, as doing it manually is not as good as having a good look around, now he has just had the snuffles :roll: but thankfully after his big GA he has not had any more spures for 6 months! *touch wood*

Aww bless him.

I think blaze may be developing signs of snuffles- i can see his nose is a little damp. The baytril does seem to be doing reasonably well though at keeping any infection at bay for the moment.

They all go under general for teeth now. It's okay though because they seem to handle it really really well- i think having a bonded partner helps.

Hope Casper gets better xx

Back