• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where should he be?

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
At the moment, Charlie lives in the living room. We moved him there when I moved to Bedale, but I now spend half my time here, half in Bedale.
I will be in Bedale from Friday till Monday/Tuesday at the latest each week, so basically spending weekends there.

He is not as happy living downstairs as he was when he lived in my bedroom. He rarely comes out of his pen, and thumps if you try to get him out. But, if I do get him out and bring him upstairs, I get binkys.

I would LOVE him in my bedroom again, but would it be fair? :? My mam would prefer himbeing upstairs too. He was happier, but he would be alone Friday evening till Monday afternoon. My mam would still give him some attention, but it would be less than I give him and she works/goes out during the day.

So whats more important.. Him being in the room he's happiest in, or him having human/cat company? :?

I am not allowed another rabbit as company for him, I've begged. Not happening :(

I'd say if he is happiest in your room then let him stay in there. What good is human/cat company if that is not what is making him happy. Sounds like you are just wanting him to be happy and being left in your room is what makes him happiest. Most rabbits hate change. I know Julie really does. We moved her into the master bathroom while we were having the kitchen redone. She hated the move so much that she had to move back and just contend with the workers in her space.

you wont like my reply but this is what i think.

if you cant have him with you in your new house and you cant get him a pal and hes really miserable in the place he lives now.... he should find a new home.

i think he needs company and he is probably miserable because you are his bonded pal no matter where he lives within his current house he needs a friend 24/7 either human or rabbit, i doubt really matters to him but he needs someone.

you wont like my reply but this is what i think.

if you cant have him with you in your new house and you cant get him a pal and hes really miserable in the place he lives now.... he should find a new home.

i think he needs company and he is probably miserable because you are his bonded pal no matter where he lives within his current house he needs a friend 24/7 either human or rabbit, i doubt really matters to him but he needs someone.

He's not miserable, hes happy in his cage downstairs but just doesn't like coming out. He still does happy flops and stuff but he just prefers his cage, where as when he was upstairs he would come out more and binky. It's probably because it's not his room, as he lived in my bedroom from being a baby.

If I thought rehoming him was best I'd do it, but it wouldn't be. He can have a friend eventually, just not right now.

ETA Plus, I already hate my life enough as it is without losing the most important thing to me

Last edited:
Back