• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor buns in conservatories

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Spenser is often in the conservatory for several hours during the day and evening - it's really the only way he can get decent exercise and company. I've started to feel really guilty putting him back out to the hutch. :( During the cold spell I was careful not to have him in for too long, but as it's milder now I really don't think the temperature difference between our conservatory and his hutch will be significant. I think he does still regard his hutch as 'home' though, so muct console myself with that ...

Can he not live in the conservatory all the time?

He could in the winter if my parents agree and he settled. He has only very recently started to use his litter basin indoors though. For an unneutered buck he is very fussy about where he does his business. I do have a puppy pen in the garage (never used), but he would have to be confined when I am out, and this would be a much smaller area than his hutch.

bloke i used to work with had his buns in the conservatory over night to save them from frost etc but they went back out into the garden every day in the hutch/run, it seemed to suit him and his buns great :D

He could in the winter if my parents agree and he settled. He has only very recently started to use his litter basin indoors though. For an unneutered buck he is very fussy about where he does his business. I do have a puppy pen in the garage (never used), but he would have to be confined when I am out, and this would be a much smaller area than his hutch.

Did you get the 42" or 48" one Susie in the end? I forget.

You can easily build a 2nd level for not much money, especially if your dad knows how to work a saw!

B&G are confined to theirs at nighttime, as its not safe and although its not ideal its better than it was before :)

Did you get the 42" or 48" one Susie in the end? I forget.

You can easily build a 2nd level for not much money, especially if your dad knows how to work a saw!

B&G are confined to theirs at nighttime, as its not safe and although its not ideal its better than it was before :)

48" :wave:

I didn't get exactly the same one as you though because it came up as 'no longer available.' :(

Mine are quite happy being put back outside in their hutch in the shed after spending time in the conservatory. Both like the security of the hutch and are normally ready to be put back when the time comes.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he's fine and happy to be put back when the time comes to do so.

Mine are quite happy being put back outside in their hutch in the shed after spending time in the conservatory. Both like the security of the hutch and are normally ready to be put back when the time comes.

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure he's fine and happy to be put back when the time comes to do so.

I think eluding capture is a game for him - surely if he was frightened he would freeze or thump? I inadvertently forgot to unplug one of the lamps and it seems Spenser has chewed the cable, so we have both been a bit out of favour. :( Finally got him back to the hutch about 7pm (he's been in since 2pm and eluding capture since 4pm). :roll:

I think eluding capture is a game for him - surely if he was frightened he would freeze or thump? I inadvertently forgot to unplug one of the lamps and it seems Spenser has chewed the cable, so we have both been a bit out of favour. :( Finally got him back to the hutch about 7pm (he's been in since 2pm and eluding capture since 4pm). :roll:

oooh... little monkey;););)

Back