• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

German Giant

Dollie

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, this is Brutus (on the right obviously :p):

lianne22-albums-brutus-and-willy-verliefd-picture30598-kusje.jpg

Brutus is a "German Giant" and he's about eight months old, currently weighs 11,5 kg now. (His parents weigh around 14,5 kg.)

How much would you feed him? I mean, an eggcup for this giant? I think that won't be enough.. He's on SS right now.

(He's not mine by the way.. I wish.. But a friend of mine was wondering.)

As I said, on the right.. ;) a German lop is not the same as a German Giant. (Just a difference of about 10 kg.. :p)

*whispers* I think you mean left.

He is totally beautiful. I hope he is not afflicated with the problems that often come with his breed.

*whispers* I think you mean left.

He is totally beautiful. I hope he is not afflicated with the problems that often come with his breed.

Hahaha o my God, sorry! :oops: I wanted to post a different picture first, didn't change the text..

lianne22-albums-brutus-and-willy-verliefd-picture30536-samen-op-de-wc.jpg

:shock::shock::shock: Brutus is HUGE :shock: :shock:

OMG.

I'm in shock lol.

The little dwarf lop looks so tiny and an exact replica, if not slightly different coloured and a tad more fluffy than my Biscuit so i can see in my head the approximate size difference.

I have no idea how to work out how much food to give as the dwarf will WANT to continue eating, whereas the german giant will NEED to continue eating i'd guess.

I would feed them together and then give him extra pellets on his own. If a 'normal' rabbit is about 2kg and they have an egg cup then he would need about 7 egg cups when fully grown... I assume. And while he's growing they should have unlimited I think.

He's amazing though. Can I have him?

I would feed them together and then give him extra pellets on his own. If a 'normal' rabbit is about 2kg and they have an egg cup then he would need about 7 egg cups when fully grown... I assume. And while he's growing they should have unlimited I think.

He's amazing though. Can I have him?

Hmm if anyone can have him, it will be me!!! :lol:

Willy, the lop, is actually not a dwarf lop, I know she looks like one next to Brutus but she's about 3kg I believe.

From what I know, he's a wonderfull rabbit and fortunately he (or his parents) doesn't have any healthproblems, but to keep it that way, it's so important he doesn't get overweight..

He and Willy eat 150 grams of Science Selective and about a kg of veggies. They're both doing well on this diet, but we were just wondering what you guys would think.

Back