• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For 2 years i thought i had a black bunny...

but in most pictures Marley looks a different colour!

PICT1175.jpg

hes actually going more this colour since hes been living indoors. :shock: Is it sable? Im not great with colours. :oops:

ETA: Wrong section, was supposed to be in photos

Im pretty bad with colouring but that looks like he could be Sable after all.

I would also imagine that he is going that colour now he's inside because he doesnt need his think outdoor coat so can see the 'sable' in him more now (?)

thats why i pm'd you before i got mabel asking, as he does look dark sable to me :love:

:lol:

Well your right. You could only tell in pictures before, but now were having a big moult, its becoming more obvious.

D'awww i liked that the rest of my family couldnt tell M&D apart. :roll: :lol: Hes going back out in spring/summer. Marley makes a lovely house bun, but Dolly keeps me awake ALL night. No matter how much space i give her, shse must have more :lol:

Im pretty bad with colouring but that looks like he could be Sable after all.

I would also imagine that he is going that colour now he's inside because he doesnt need his think outdoor coat so can see the 'sable' in him more now (?)

Yes, i believe its the moult thats making him more sable than black, i just wasnt sure if sable was the right name.

Do i need to change it on vet records? or am i just being anal retentive? :lol:

Last edited:
when the vets asked me what colour mabel was when i registered her there i said she was dark sable, but they could just right black on their records if they wanted to which they did

also locksley they wrote him as black and he isn;t he's a blue (otter) and more grey then black :lol: although under microchip details and petplan locksley is written as blue otter :)

when the vets asked me what colour mabel was when i registered her there i said she was dark sable, but they could just right black on their records if they wanted to which they did

also locksley they wrote him as black and he isn;t he's a blue (otter) and more grey then black :lol: although under microchip details and petplan locksley is written as blue otter :)

Ahh i wont bother then. They arent microchipped, or insured, and they usually only ever go to the vets with me and i know whos who.

Back