• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh no worst day eva..need to rehome some of my rabbits :(

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
so my bf's brothers gf is moving in with us....and shes not happy with how many rabbits i have (5 and 4 baby rabbits)
we are moving house in a few weeks and the garden in the new house isnt that big...and shes bringing a dog with her that stays in a massive kennell in the garden.....shes saying she will only move in if i rehome most of my rabbits.
i cant really say much as my bf and his brother own the house not me.....but its heartbreaking....which ones do i rehome...how do i know they are going to great homes....i just cant bellieve this. i'm only allowed to keep 2. :(:cry::cry:

Im sorry but if she is moving in with you what choise does she have about how many rabbits you have and if she is bringing her dog why do you have to rehome your rabbits? how about she moves in and rehomes her dog instead she how she feels about that!

2 boys are bonding....but prob would get on best if bonded with females as they sometimes get in scraps....then i have 3 lionheads...who are currently living seperate...but were bonding be4 the females got pregnant.

Oh no, is there any way you could try and keep them? You shouldn't have to rehome your rabbits if you don't want to. How would they feel if they were told they couldn't keep their pets that they loved? I'd say if the rabbits have to go then I'm going to! I'm really sorry and I hope there is something you can do to keep you rabbits. If not look if there's any rescues/RSPCA's that can take them as then you'll know they will go to a good home? xxx

they wanted me to rehome all of them as they think its unhygenic them being in the house....also my bf girlfriend moans about not being able to sleep because they make to much noise...if it was my house i would tell her to go :censored: herself....but its not my house :(

:shock: I wouldn't accept.... Just firmly tell her no and if she doesn't like it she can find somewhere else to live.

ive tried everything..but they are saying im being selfish as they only agreed to me getting 2 rabbits in the beginning...and i went out of controll aparently.
i just know the noise will stop once i get them spayed at the vets...as the noise comes from rubie stomping at the minute.
and also im going to buy some more things for binkie to chew on at the weekend as hes making noise biting his cage.
but they are saying they would consider me keeping them if they all went outside...prob with that is binkie has been a house rabbit since abhout 8 weeks old....and rubie and zebie for the last 4 months have been house rabbits. so i cant just put them outside can i ?

ive tried everything..but they are saying im being selfish as they only agreed to me getting 2 rabbits in the beginning...and i went out of controll aparently.
i just know the noise will stop once i get them spayed at the vets...as the noise comes from rubie stomping at the minute.
and also im going to buy some more things for binkie to chew on at the weekend as hes making noise biting his cage.
but they are saying they would consider me keeping them if they all went outside...prob with that is binkie has been a house rabbit since abhout 8 weeks old....and rubie and zebie for the last 4 months have been house rabbits. so i cant just put them outside can i ?

They can't go outside until spring, at the earliest i'm afraid, end of march/april time at the very earliest.

You can't put them outside until spring, no. Maybe see if they will wait until spring and let you put them outside then?

i dont want to really put them outside either....2 of my rabbits are outside rabbits....but they are really unsociable... ive tried everything...i still love them lots though they let me pet them sometimes... but they have been like this since i got them from pets at home,

I understand that it's not your house, but my house isn't my house either, it's my parents and they know how much my pets mean to me and that I wouldn't let them go anywhere. Does your boyfriend know how much you love your rabbits? If so I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be so upset so could he speak to her?

ETA: sorry the thread has been updated since I wrote this so most of what I've put has already been said.

Last edited:
I know, I wouldn't want to either.. but it is better than having to rehome them and i don't think they would be less friendly to you outdoors. Then after she moves away you could bring them back in.

dont worry thinking of it i have a bribe...he was cheating on her at the beginning of the relationship....im not usually this much of a biatch...but if i have to i will tell him ill tell her if he doesnt let me keep all of them.
then he will be in the shiz lol

Oh god what a nightmare, I couldn't bring myself to rehome my bunnies, think I'd be looking for somewhere I could live and keep them all! Maybe not practical but they are part of your family. And how are bunnies unhygienic?? I'd be fuming in your situation, hope you manage to sort something out... Poison the gf!! X

Oh god what a nightmare, I couldn't bring myself to regime my bunnies, think I'd be looking for somewhere I could live and keep them all! Maybe not practical but they are part of your family. And how are bunnies unhygienic?? I'd be fuming in your situation, hope you manage to sort something out... Poison the gf!! X

i am weve been argueing the whole weekend....hes main excuse is binkie stinks....i admit he smell a little but its because hes reached that age where he sprays everything...i clean him out nearly everyday so it doesnt really smell that much and i'm going to get him done in about 1 month so then that problem will be solved. but he just dont get it. but i will get my own way....i wear the trousers in this house :D

dont worry thinking of it i have a bribe...he was cheating on her at the beginning of the relationship....im not usually this much of a biatch...but if i have to i will tell him ill tell her if he doesnt let me keep all of them.
then he will be in the shiz lol

Haha! Do it!:lol:

If worst comes to worst you might even be able to find someone to foster them for a while on here, until the nasty gf moves out and you could have them back? Maybe you could offer to pay for their weekly care or something?

since its his house and not yours you have few choices im afraid
1 rehome and do as he says
2 find somewhere else to live
3 move them outside if he has agreed to that
4 foster them to someone till it can be all sorted out
sorry but not more you can do really
good luck
ann x

Back