• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stars recovery from EC

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Last November I posted about a friends bunny who suddenly developed head tilt. Her vet only wanted to treat for 28days with panacur. Additional advice was sort and Star was treated with both panacur and metacam for approx 7weeks. Initially her head tilt deteriorated and was at 90deg to the floor, she lost some appetite and became very thin and was very disorientated. I saw her a few weeks later and to be honest didnt think she would make it.

This was her when the syptoms first started and before they were at their worst!!

Star9Nov2010.jpg

However, just look at this recent little piece of video footage!!! apologies for the quality, it was sent in a text msg! :love::love::love:

Aww, It's great to see a bunny make such a good recovery from head tilt, and shows the benefit of not giving up too soon. Thanks for posting. So many head tilt bunnies on RU at the moment xx

These posts are great, as they give people going through EC hope :)

Yes absolutely!! Schuette posted piccies of her Mischa and details of how his recovery went! We were clinging to that and passed on the pictures to Stars owner! We also told her about Kermit and Dave so that if Stars head tilt stayed she knew she could still lead a happy life!

Very interesting post by Sky-O in rabbit chat! She took on a bunny that had had head tilt for some time and with an antibiotic treatment the tilt virtually recovered!

Star is a very pretty happy little bunny and she is very strongly bonded to her husbun Toffee. He has taken such good care of her :love: I looked after both of them before they went to their forever home (i sobbed my heart out when they went) and they are the reason I now have D&D

Yes absolutely!! Schuette posted piccies of her Mischa and details of how his recovery went! We were clinging to that and passed on the pictures to Stars owner! We also told her about Kermit and Dave so that if Stars head tilt stayed she knew she could still lead a happy life!

Very interesting post by Sky-O in rabbit chat! She took on a bunny that had had head tilt for some time and with an antibiotic treatment the tilt virtually recovered!

Star is a very pretty happy little bunny and she is very strongly bonded to her husbun Toffee. He has taken such good care of her :love: I looked after both of them before they went to their forever home (i sobbed my heart out when they went) and they are the reason I now have D&D

Yes I remember your thread, this is great - Star looks fab! Thank goodness her owner listened to you :D

(By the way, I hope you don't mind but after the clip finished it came up with another clip of yours - the one of Dudley jumping off the stairs - which I watched :oops: it made me giggle, he is one talented bunneh!:lol:)

Yes I remember your thread, this is great - Star looks fab! Thank goodness her owner listened to you :D

(By the way, I hope you don't mind but after the clip finished it came up with another clip of yours - the one of Dudley jumping off the stairs - which I watched :oops: it made me giggle, he is one talented bunneh!:lol:)

I know, her poor owner was in a bit of a quandry, we were telling her one thing that all would be ok and the vet had a fairly bleak outlook so she was stuck with thinking the vet is the professional surely she should know best maybe pts would be for the best!

The Dudster is hilarious with his flying leaps, he's now taken to doing it coming up the stairs he leaps up them from the one before the top most stair and lands on the landing :lol:

Another RU member will be paying Star a visit in the next week or so and is going to give her a little check over. It's a bit unclear from the video but she wants to makesure she has a clean botty and back legs it could just be mud from a soggy the garden but obviously she did have a problem when she was at her worst; all will be checked out!

Back