• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

major moult!

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
anyone else having one at the moment? i thought it was a bit too early yet for a big crazy moult but eric has been making me some lovely necklaces:mrgreen: and esme looks like she's had an argument with a strimmer:shock:

No, Louie isn't moulting at the moment. Makes a change though, his last moult seemed to last about 6 months :shock:

Yup all mine are - ever since the snow started melting. And today our fire's gone out so that's not gonna help. :?

Oidhche is moulting like nothing else at the moment, every time you pick her up big handfuls come out. It's all over the floor too :roll:

Bubbles looks like she's wearing a saddle at the moment. :lol: I wondered if it was because she was still frantically trying to moult into her winter coat (as she started later in the autumn than Alfie did) or trying to lose a bit of fur as she is now too warm. :?

anyone else having one at the moment? i thought it was a bit too early yet for a big crazy moult but eric has been making me some lovely necklaces:mrgreen: and esme looks like she's had an argument with a strimmer:shock:

lol mine had one last week and is still going never seen so much fur from him.

glas its not just me then! (well, my buns:D). maybe the winter is over and spring is coming.....:p

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep, mine are moulting all over my carpet :roll: I was having snuggles with Marley and managed to get some stuck in my throat for about an hour. :shock:

Mine have never really had hair in their poos, even when theyve been moulting. Expect for once when Dolly ate the fiber off my carpet :roll:

Hmmm, well I caught Alfie and Bubbles 'at it' when I went out to give them breakfast this morning so perhaps you're right. :oops::oops: :lol::lol:

:shock:
i hope you knocked on the door before giving them their breakfast!! i can just imagine you standing there, freezing, waiting for them to finish and clearing your throat:lol:

Pie is in constant moult anyway! But we think her recent onset of bloat was due to her grooming all her hair.

I swear you could make a 12ft scarf with her moult hair! :roll: :lol:

Timmy is :( I hate it when they moult and he just finished his moult not too long ago. Yesterday I picked some tufts of fur off his back and he's now got two tiny patches that are completely bald :shock: I'm not doing that again!

Timmy is :( I hate it when they moult and he just finished his moult not too long ago. Yesterday I picked some tufts of fur off his back and he's now got two tiny patches that are completely bald :shock: I'm not doing that again!

:lol:

I completely ruined Marleys beautiful summer coat once by doing this. NEVER again! Id rather buy one of those furminators

i pull out the really loose big tufts to prevent them eating it but most of the time i stroke them with a damp hand, head to tail - luckily both buns will sit for ages being stroked:roll:

its the bizarre tufts by their whiskers that look weirdest!

i'm keeping a close eye on eric's litter tray tho as he has really done some odd shaped poops:shock:

Both my boys are moulting and Socks moult is starting to show on his coat.

There moult is more obvious on me, no matter how many times I use the lint brush I am still covered from head to toe in fur :shock:

:shock:
i hope you knocked on the door before giving them their breakfast!! i can just imagine you standing there, freezing, waiting for them to finish and clearing your throat:lol:

Yes, that was pretty much how it was. :lol::lol: Alfie was so 'preoccupied' he didn't even notice I was there until I'd actually thrown the pellets on the floor.

I'll have to get them a 'Do not disturb' sign to hang on the door knob. :roll: :lol:

Back