• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to email the rescue?

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'm hopefully getting rabbits in April, and my Mum said it all depends if I can keep my room tidy and keep taking care of the pets I've got, which I have been doing (well I've always taken care of my pets but my bedroom is normally messy but it's not now) but she told me the other day that she was thinking about what hutch to get the rabbits, so I think it might be quite definite that I am getting them. I asked if I could go to a rescue and I explained about neutering so they could be together and everything and she said that it would probably be better if we went to a rescue because we'd both worry so much when they went to be netuered, also I'd like adult rabbits so a rescue seems to be the best place to go. I know the rescue I'd like to go to, it's about 40 minutes from me, Bobtails. I'd like to email them to see what rabbits they have and if they have time ask for a little bit of advice on what hutch they'd recommend (I've got brilliant advice from this forum and other websites but I just want to make sure that whatever i get is ok with the rescue) but I'm not getting the rabbits until April, do you think it's ok to email now for a bit of advice, because I'd be buying the hutch soon, well, in 2 months but I'm too excited :lol: But if for some reason Mum changes her mind about letting me go to Bobtails or wants to get one from somewhere else (that happened with our cat, we were going to go to the RSPCA and I went to see the cats and everything and then Mum told me that there was a cat for rehoming by a person and the cat was perfect) I just don't want to waste the rescues time if for some reason I don't end up getting a rabbit from them.

I would keep saving your money and then approach Bobtails near the end of February. On their website they are still working on a Sunday appointment only basis whilst they are doing their refurbishments over the winter months.

It wont take long to get your hutch and run ordered and set up in place so that you can have your rabbits in place for April.

I'm sure the rescue will be very happy to advise you on suitable housing for your future bunnies, I can't see any reason not to email them soon if you want to.:D

I got my first bunny in April 2007 and rung Fife rabbit rescue not long after but didn't actually go to collect the bunny from them until August. They didn't have any female bunnies in at the time so I was advised to keep checking their website for any females close to the size and age of my male. One cropped up a couple of months later.

I think its so smart to check with the rescue before buying accommodation, so good on you :) I don't think it matters when you contact them with regards to accommodation, but when it comes to the bunnies you can obviosuly only contact them when you are ready to bring them home.

Back