• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone please reassure me (Neutering)...

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Two of my boys are being neutered tommorow. I haven't had any doubts up until about 5 minutes ago when I thought of the worst and told both of them how much I loved them ... then started crying into their fur and telling them everythings going to be ok :oops:

Theyre both healthy buns, never had a problem (Harley has a bit of a deformed anus after another male got to him but I can't see that being a problem, it was a long time ago). The two being neutered are Flash and Harley, Flash is 5 and the bun I've had the longest, and Harley is the one I'm closest to. I just can't bear the thought of loosing them, I'd blame myself :( Will someone please reassure me

Have you asked your vet what their success rates are? Just think about that figure.
It's very rare now to lose a healthy bun through neutering, anaesthetic is really advanced now so there's very little risk.

Just think how happy they'll be when they're swapped their nuts for a friend! (assuming you're planning to bond)

I'm lucky I havent had to sit through the worry of a neuter or spay but didnt want to read and run and so I am sending vibes for your bunnies and calming vibes for you - I think that others will be along and be able to offer reassurance.

The only time I've had to sit through a GA was when Starbuck had a dental and I was nervous then too so I know how you feel x

I'm sure it will all be okay:(

I'm getting my boy done this year, he's five too... I know how worrying it is but everything will be fine I'm sure.

Sending loads of vibes for Harley and Flash xxx

No I haven't asked about success rates, I booked them in over the phone and my dad will be taking them tommorow while I'm at school. And yes they're going to be bonded :) Is there a general success rate for rabbits?

I am sure they wil be fine :) Think of all the bunnies on RU that have been neatured and everyting was fine :) Your boys will be great, but maybe they wont be impressed when they lose there man hood :lol:

They will be fine Demi :) I was just like you when Mischief sent for his neuter but it all turned out fine. I then had Tink in for her spay, which was very worrying as it's more risky but there were no problems. :D Then I had Jasper get neutered and Blossom spayed, yet again, no problems. Harley and Flash will be back home with you before you know it. :) xx

aaah bless you! Ive got to get Archie done soon - so know how you feel - Ive got both my girls speyed & was a nervous reck too:roll::oops:- they had to stay in overnight and both were fine - I packed the a lunch with their favourite foods & also sent a blanket they each had so they had a familiar smell when they came round. Make sure your Dad gets some painkillers to bring home too - usually called Metacam...I squished mine into banana for them as its liquid form. Also give them a bowl of water so its easy for them to drink out of.
oooh and no jumping space so they can heal better...
Im sure they will be fine....lotsa vibes & hope tomorrow goes quick for you at school so you can get home to see them xxx:love:

Hi there,
I will be sending you my good vibes tomorrow....and I can sympathise completely - my little guy, Jeff, is being neutered tomorrow too and I think I'm probably as nervous as you are!
Hang in there!
:)

Please try not to worry... I know thats easier said than done.. but if its any consolation my boys have always come home after their ops... looking for food! As others have said it is usually no problem for healthy buns, and if your vet didnt think they were healthy... they probably wouldnt do it...

Just picked up my boy from neutering not an hour ago and he's doing lovely :wave: Still groggy from the anesthesia but has nibbled on some fruit and is fine. I was quite worried about him as he has severe pneumonia months back, and while he has been fully recovered for a while, there was still a risk factor involved.
Your loves will be fine! Sending good vibes! xx

Jenson was neutered a month ago and was fine, I was the wreak.
I packed him lunch and they said he was munching as soon as he came round. He's an indoor bunny anyway so I just limited his space so he didn't hop about too much. He had a 24 hour pain killer and he was fine.
Tell the staff (or get your Dad to) that your nervous and they are used to this and be happy for you to call and check how he's doing.

Sending calm vibes for all owners and quick healing for all bunnies having ops tomorrow. :wave:

Good luck for tomorrow. I'm sure it will be fine.

Just a question: how do you go about spaying a female bonded pair? Will they be ok to be together after the op?

Good luck with the neutering op- i felt the same when i had my lot done. I have never had any problems. It is definately worth it 100%.

Lots of vibes for everything going to plan xx

I had to get Sydnee neutered when I got him.
He went in the 1st time and I got a phone call to say they couldn't find one of his testicles :shock: so they would have to bring him round and wait a few weeks to operate again coz they had to cut his belly a little in the end....he's an awkward bun!

He was fine coming round from both ops, I was calling the vets for regular updates til he came home though :oops:

Vibes for your 2 x

They will be fine :) They make sure to check them over for problems before the op to make sure they are healthy.

I know I was terrified when my boy was done recently, but he's even more friendly and less grunty now :)

Have you got the day off? I know with mine I could ring up at 2 to see how he was. Even if youre working Im sure they'd let you call up :)

I'm wishing you and them luck!!

I attempted to limit Louie's space after neutering. I made him a lovely "hospital" cage using the puppy pen. Some lovely soft puppy pads on the floor, hay in a net, lots of nice foods to tempt him with.

I put him in as soon as we were home. Within a minute he was lifting the pen with his teeth to get out, and throwing the puppy pads around.

I gave up and he just freeranged as usual :roll:

Back