• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If money/time/space were no object...

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
what would your ideal set-up be for your buns?

Mine would be:

Their own houses built from brick (made homely like our own house!) with lots of tunnels and levels and hidey holes. They would also be climate controlled.

Attached to their house would be their own HUGE garden completely fox proofed with lawn, herb and vegetable garden and underground tunnels. There would be an automatic pull over sun shade for the roof as well as an automatic rain cover.

The houses would also be attached to our house via hallways so that I don't have to venture outside! :lol:

:love:

Last edited:
Some of my bunnies are indoor bunnies by their preference and I would love for each of my indoor bunnies to have their own room/area, apart from Sky who would likely be whereve I am :)lol::roll:).

Outside I haven't thought of, but yours sounds great. I'll have yours!

Mine would be:

Their own houses built from brick (made homely like our own house!) with lots of tunnels and levels and hidey holes. They would also be climate controlled.

Attached to their house would be their own HUGE garden completely fox proofed with lawn, herb and vegetable garden and underground tunnels. There would be an automatic pull over sun shade for the roof as well as an automatic rain cover.

The houses would also be attached to our house via hallways so that I don't have to venture outside! :lol:

This would do nicely :lol:

Mine would just be to let the bunnies have their very own room so it could be designed around them and it wouldn't matter if they destroyed anything! :wave:

I wouldn't want mine to have too much or they'd never look forward to seeing me :oops:

I'd like them to have a huge run but free of noms so that they still pay me attention when I go out.

i doubt id change the setup for my pair. i really would get a roof put onto stes moms buns enclosure tho, i hate seeing them all snowed in :cry:

Mine would be:

The houses would also be attached to our house via hallways so that I don't have to venture outside! :lol::love:

I'm very lucky to have a similar set up to this.:oops::D
My husband built a brick extension to the house specifically for the bunnies.It contains 2 x 5ft hutches they can jump in and out of and I can access it through my conservatory so I don't have to venture outside.:)
The room has two little(lockable at night) doors cut into the front with ramps attached so bunnies can go into a run. The run is a patio then covered with turf and half-roofed with corrugated plastic/half meshed to give shade/shelter and is fox-proofed and locked at night..
There are two (lockable)doors in the run which lead to a small garden in which I had tunnels under mounds of earth, bushes ,a nut tree and rabbit friendly plants.:)

There are two gates leading from the small garden into a larger garden(not huge but about 40 ft x 40ft which is mainly lawn and only rabbit friendly plants grown in the borders. There are fruit bushes and apple trees too. They also have a small patio where they liked to sit under the patio table.(we never used that one -it was just for them) The garden has a high wall but is not fox-proof (as this would entail a40ft x 40ft aviary and us having no use of our garden)

My bunnies have all gone to the Bridge now but we keep the set-up for when my daughters bunnies come to stay.:D
We have debated changing the room into something else but never have.

(It's not climate controlled because we have additional temporary accommodation in the utility when the weather is very cold with a wall heater.)
sue :wave:

Mine would be:

I will have one of those too please :)

in the seventies, my dad got us two rabbits. he was a builder (he's retired now) so he built them a little house with a proper window and everything. He put on a run of really strong wire - the run was about five metres long and a metre half wide, though we did things in feet and inches in those days.

when i had rabbits in the eighties, he built a smaller 8 foot six wooden hutch for my bunnies and they ran about the garden sometimes, but not enough. current buns are indoors.

my dream set up is a tiny bungalow for me (a converted shed etc because i want it in aged stone!) with a garage. between the house and garage, imagine cloisters, but glazed, stone flag floor. this would be the basis of my bunny accom, with suitable protection from extremes of heat or cold. they would have access to the main house when i was there, and to an aviary in the garden.

dream on, hb.

Back