• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what daily veggies do you give?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Just because im nosey :lol: what daily veggies do you give your buns and how much? thats if you do give veggies daily :wave:

A very small carrot cut up between the 4 of the, and that's it for veggies. They have dried leaves etc (fresh in summer) instead :)

They each get a small cereal bowl full of cabbage, watercress, rocket, small piece of carrot/apple, and either basil/parsly/coriander depending on which herb/s I have in.

Vary day-to-day :

Spring Greens
Savoy Cabbage
Brocolli
Cauliflower leaves/stem/base+ Outer leaves of Brussel Sprouts (usually on a Sunday, a treat for my Buns from my elderly neighbour :D)
Carrots (only once a week)

I give about a chopped up handful to each pair of Buns.

Thumper loves red grapes, he slips all the juices at the end too. It's so cute! I give him one or two every morning and my mum will too every now and then :) He also gets dandilion leaves during the warmer weather wheh they are available and a chunk of carrot when we have them :)

I don't have a 'usual' for my buns as I feed seasonally depending on what I have in the garden & what I can harvest in the 'wild' while walking the dog.
My buns are lucky enough to all have good constitutions, so I have been fortunate to not have to buy the same thing year round that has done massive air miles through the off season to get here.
As they are all rescues its been good to see them develop more sophisticated palates.
Previous owners must have had them on very limited diets I think.
(Sounding very proud mother here but they are the children I never had! :lol:)
They now all like everything thats put in front of them herb & veg wise except courgette & asparagus, which is fine cause we can eat those :lol:

It varies. Most regular ones are spring greens, broccoli, cabbage, celery, parsley, cauliflower leaves, curly kale, and at this time of year sprout trimmings. They get carrots/carrot tops as a treat or maybe a tiny piece of apple, pear or grape, but very rarely.

My lot are a bit fussy about other herbs, although a tiny bit of coriander is ok, apart from Twinkle who will also eat mint, rosemary and sage.

sweetheart cabbage, 2 or 3 fine green beans, half a small floret of broccoli maybe once a week, basil, mint, parsley and dried mixed leaves - i give each bun half a handful twice per day of a variety of these.

I don't have a 'usual' for my buns as I feed seasonally depending on what I have in the garden & what I can harvest in the 'wild' while walking the dog.
My buns are lucky enough to all have good constitutions, so I have been fortunate to not have to buy the same thing year round that has done massive air miles through the off season to get here.
As they are all rescues its been good to see them develop more sophisticated palates.
Previous owners must have had them on very limited diets I think.
(Sounding very proud mother here but they are the children I never had! :lol:)
They now all like everything thats put in front of them herb & veg wise except courgette & asparagus, which is fine cause we can eat those :lol:

wish i could just put anything infrount of them :roll: unfortunatly i got casper when he was 4 he had been on just mixed feed, when i got him veg and hay where very new to him! iv tried to bare with him and leave him to eat something but he just refuses to eat it :shock: where as my other bun poppy will free range the garden and hovers the whole flower garden, herb garden and grass :shock:

Whatever us humans are having for tea, heehee. I fill up two small margarine tubs while I am chopping up our veg and then take it out to them before we eat ours.. Usually things like carrot, brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, parnsip, swede, butternut squash, green beans, sprouts.

Also in the mornings I alternate giving them either a leaf of spring greens or a few cubes of fruit.

I feed veg daily (I don't feed pellets as they are no good for teeth) alongside their hay. My 2 have greens daily along with celery (cut up into small pieces) & cucumber. I also feed them fresh herbs - Usually 2 different types daily (Dill, Mint, Coriander, Basil, Flat Leaf Parsley, Thyme) They have broccoli, watercress & pea shoots 2/3 times per week (I alternate between the three for variety) & when possible they have apple twigs.

I don't feed sugary things like carrots or apples as they are no good for bums or tums. My 2 love spinach & also kale, but due to the high calcium content of both they are only given as a treat if we have bought them for our own dinner.

In the summer some of their hay is substituted for grass & dandelion leaves replace some of the veg in their diet.

Back