• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues/Sanctuaries? Adoption Fees.

I'm not a rescue obviously but I was asked for £65 when I adopted Honey. This went toward (but didn't completely cover) her vaccinations and spay.

I'm not a rescue obviously but I was asked for £65 when I adopted Honey. This went toward (but didn't completely cover) her vaccinations and spay.

Thanks - I've seen them as low as £40. I'm wondering if these are unspayed though.

Thanks - I've seen them as low as £40. I'm wondering if these are unspayed though.

I think the lady I adopted asked for slightly less for a boy bunny as their nootur doesn't cost as much as a spay. Might be the same for other places as well.:)

From the RSPCA it was £30 a bun including neutering and vaccinating and micro chips, if to young to be neutered they gave you a voucher.:)

We have a minimum of £50 but I only rehome if the buns are neutered and vaccinated so the £50 is just a contribution to the costs of this part of their care. My costs for vaccs and neuter are about £130 for girls and £120 for boys.

Last edited:
Our local RSPCA is £25 and the bun is fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. This is obviously not practical for rescues run by individuals.

We have a minimum of £50 but I only rehome if the buns are neutered and vaccinated to the £50 is just a contribution to the costs of this part of their care. My costs for vaccs and neuter are about £130 for girls and £120 for boys.

Thanks my costs are much higher than any of the prices mentioned also. £30 for vaccinations and £70-80 for neutering min.

Our local RSPCA is £25 and the bun is fully vaccinated and spayed/neutered. This is obviously not practical for rescues run by individuals.

I'd only be able to do this if i could get the fund-raising company to earn enough money to cover the costs.

I think the lady I adopted asked for slightly less for a boy bunny as their nootur doesn't cost as much as a spay. Might be the same for other places as well.:)

Yes definately slightly less for the boys as it normally is cheaper for the neuter.

rspca near me is £20.
That's neutered/spayed, vaccinated and microchipped.
They also say "multiple adoptions negotiable" which I think applies to groups of 3 or more which can be difficult to rehome.

If the rabbits are old or have ongoing medical problems then they either reduce or scrap the fee and offer a "pet pension" scheme where they help to pay any vets fees.

Last edited:
Thanks my costs are much higher than any of the prices mentioned also. £30 for vaccinations and £70-80 for neutering min.

I never expect to get the money back that I have spent on the rabbits but by asking a realistic amount people realise that it's a serious commitment. £50 doesn't even cover the neuter so by coming to a rescue (me in this case) the new carers are getting a good deal financially, as well as the future support that they will recieve.

Last edited:
rspca near me is £20.
That's neutered/spayed, vaccinated and microchipped.
They also say "multiple adoptions negotiable" which I think applies to groups of 3 or more which can be difficult to rehome.

If the rabbits are old or have ongoing medical problems then they either reduce or scrap the fee and offer a "pet pension" scheme where they help to pay any vets fees.

That's good of them doing that with the older buns and poorly ones. What is the most anyone has paid to adopt. Is £65.00 round the top end for adoption fees?

I never expect to get the money back in that I have spent on the rabbits but by asking a realistic amount people realise that it's a serious commitment. £50 doesn't even cover the neuter so by coming to a rescue (me in this case) the new carers are getting a good deal financially, as well as the future support that they will recieve.

That makes sense- i don't think i'd feel comfortable rehoming to someone who wasn't happy to donate something towards the neuter and vac's. It isn't a good start to bunny care- especially since vacs are lifelong- along with routine costs of care and worming etc.

That's good of them doing that with the older buns and poorly ones. What is the most anyone has paid to adopt. Is £65.00 round the top end for adoption fees?

The adoption fee for Rudy was £55 (does are £65) from Bunny Camp Sanctuary. It's the highest I've seen. They are neutered and have both vaccs.

Back