• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone's Indoor Bunnys - Totally 100% Freerange in the House?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have a bunny proof home where the buns are free to go where they wish?

What are the tips and tricks for bunny proofing your home to this degree?

Mine go anywhere in the house they want to.

Just have to keep all wires covered. Luckily mine dont chew walls/skirting boards/carpet.

I have seen some people cover their whole skirting boards with nic cube panels though to stop bunny getting to the bottom part of the wall.

Before I got Max and he took over my kitchen Timmy and Mimi were totally free range, they still have everywhere except the kitchen.
My tip is get an electrician as a boyfriend :lol: my oh (whos an electrician) has covered all wires or hidden them in the walls which is great.
I think other than the obvious stufc like not leaving non chewables lying around, no plants witgin buns reach etc its just about being vigilant.
Im lucky that my guys dont chew the carpet or gnaw on the furniture!
Oh another tip is to make under your bed their base (if its roomy enough under there!) Mine have a litter tray, water and a bed under our bed and its their safe place :D Also keeps the litter tray out of your line of vision ;)

Starbuck did, well he had the whole of the living room which is around 20ft, when we were home he could also go in the hallway and kitchen (and upstairs if he wanted but he never did).

The most important considerations for us were that there were no electricals/wiring that he could gain access to, so these were kept out of reach and if we werent at home we would turn everything off and unplug it to be on the safe side.

Wooden furniture - well I wasnt bothered about him eating that, or our curtains :oops: He seemed to know to stay away from our better wooden furniture, which was very considerate of him!! :lol::lol:

We also have two tall plants in our living room, but not ones that shed leaves. One was completely inaccessible to him, the other we put flexi-fencing/mesh type stuff around the trunk so that it was too high for him to get at any leaves, this was also pretty inaccessible as well.

Our fire is disconnected so that wasnt a worry. :)

He is very well housetrained which helps a lot :)

Mine go anywhere in the house they want to.

Just have to keep all wires covered. Luckily mine dont chew walls/skirting boards/carpet.

I have seen some people cover their whole skirting boards with nic cube panels though to stop bunny getting to the bottom part of the wall.

That's a clever idea. I was thinking of just getting dog pens that change shape to go all the way round the outside of the skirting boards and furniture etc.

Before I got Max and he took over my kitchen Timmy and Mimi were totally free range, they still have everywhere except the kitchen.
My tip is get an electrician as a boyfriend :lol: my oh (whos an electrician) has covered all wires or hidden them in the walls which is great.
I think other than the obvious stufc like not leaving non chewables lying around, no plants witgin buns reach etc its just about being vigilant.
Im lucky that my guys dont chew the carpet or gnaw on the furniture!
Oh another tip is to make under your bed their base (if its roomy enough under there!) Mine have a litter tray, water and a bed under our bed and its their safe place :D Also keeps the litter tray out of your line of vision ;)

That sounds like great fun for them. Maybe i should only let my toothless buns roam the entire house :)

Starbuck did, well he had the whole of the living room which is around 20ft, when we were home he could also go in the hallway and kitchen (and upstairs if he wanted but he never did).

The most important considerations for us were that there were no electricals/wiring that he could gain access to, so these were kept out of reach and if we werent at home we would turn everything off and unplug it to be on the safe side.

Wooden furniture - well I wasnt bothered about him eating that, or our curtains :oops: He seemed to know to stay away from our better wooden furniture, which was very considerate of him!! :lol::lol:

We also have two tall plants in our living room, but not ones that shed leaves. One was completely inaccessible to him, the other we put flexi-fencing/mesh type stuff around the trunk so that it was too high for him to get at any leaves, this was also pretty inaccessible as well.

Our fire is disconnected so that wasnt a worry. :)

He is very well housetrained which helps a lot :)

Sounds good all these buns that don't eat furniture :)

My boys are free range at all times:wave:
Sadly neither have inscisors but i do think they may have voluntarily given their teeth up to have the run of the house:lol:
I did have two toothy buns with partial freedom that did very little damage.
I think it can depend on the bunny, Barney lives in shed with a large run and chews and destroys everything, he has such fun but would not be a great bun for indoors:shock:

My boys are free range at all times:wave:
Sadly neither have inscisors but i do think they may have voluntarily given their teeth up to have the run of the house:lol:
I did have two toothy buns with partial freedom that did very little damage.
I think it can depend on the bunny, Barney lives in shed with a large run and chews and destroys everything, he has such fun but would not be a great bun for indoors:shock:

lol yes i know what you mean. I have some buns that aren't interested in nibbling anything either- but that includes hay unfortunately :(

Back