• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pie is ill again - This time it's bloat

Pie

Warren Veteran
Have just had another 'report' that Pie has been ill again. 2nd time in 3 months. This time it's bloat. Usually it's stasis. :(
I hate not being there for her. What can cause bloat? And what can help it?

I find so many contradicting information on the web so am searching through past threads about bloat, but not liking what I'm reading.

She was so healthy as a youngster but the old she gets the more she's getting sick.
Anyone with bunnies with tummy trouble - What can I do to help this? Is it all about routine feeding and not alot of variation etc?

So worried. My poor Piglet-Pie. :( :cry:

Has she had a change in diet since you have been away? Larger portions of veg? What veg?

Have her teeth been checked?

Is she currently eating and pooing?????? If not, she does need to see a vet.

Last edited:
My Mimi had a bout of gas the other evening.Myself and oh gently massaged her tummy for an hour and it really helped her shift it. We also syringed her some cooled (but still abit warm) boiled water and gave her a hot water bottle which she slept on. By the next morning she was right as rain again.

Has Pie eaten anything new recently?

Loads of vibes hun xxxxx

pretty sure Alvin's many stasis cases were diet related. too many pellets, too much human veg and not enough wild forage. that aswell as his blood tests revealing hes got very abnormally high stress levels for a rabbit :(

loads and loads of vibes xxxxxx

Just a quick update, she's better now. Not 100% but better.

I asked about diet as she has a very sensitive tummy anyway and the people looking after her (who have another house bun and are pretty good) said they havent changed her diet but Im not so sure tbh :?
I think it might be a case of each person coming in an giving her a 'treat' without letting the other person know. Either that or hair (?) - she moults like there is no tomorrow.
They massaged her tummy and she is eating, drinking and pooing now. I'll be back in the UK in 2 weeks so will be happier when I can keep an eye on her and her diet myself - you know what its like when someone else is looking after your bun. :roll:

Glad she has improved, and keeping up vibes that she stays well. You'll be looking forward to seeing her! :wave:

Phew - She's ok. Perked up suddenly yesterday night. Is now acting like nothing has happend! :roll:
RU vibes to the rescue yet again! :D

Will definatly have to re-evaluate her diet she's on when I get home me thinks. :? She'll be getting a husbun in a couple of months and want her settled and healthy for that.

Thanks everyone. :wave:

Phew! So glad shes ok :D
Must be horrible having someone else look after her, Id be in a total state Im such a control freak when it comesto my buns :oops:
Hope the next 2 wks go quickly for you and you can get her stable when you get home xxx :wave:

Back