• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our New Rabbit :D

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
We have officially picked up our rabbit! She is sooooooo lovely! This is the only photo we have of her currently:

2571085-699m.jpg

She's super cute, her ears are normal nethi length unlike the photo which makes them appear larger and rounder, she is also more grey/black/brown colouring with a white belly and paws. Similar to Tan but not quite?

We put her in the divided part of the run and called Thumper out, she hopped out of her carry case after about 10 minutes (Though she was nosing around in that time). Straigh away she went up to the mesh where Thumper was and they seem to really get on! No grunting or attempted nipping through the bars, just smelling and standing up smelling. Thumper wont stop following her on the other side, he is SO excited :D But they definatly seem to get on, his confidence has picked up already, he isn't cowering away like he did with any other rabbits.

Now heres an added extra bit of the storey
. Naughty Thumper found a way to get into her enclosure :shock::shock: And he did! I had wedges a wicker toy into a small space as I noticed it was large enough for them both to fit through, an hour later I looked outside from my house and saw Thumper in the wrong side of the run:shock:! He had pushed the wicker ball out of the way and climbed under! They were fine together though! Only when I came out side to find a more suited replacement for the wicker ball did he go for her a bit and they ran into her hutch together and then both just sat there, no noises made, no fur pulled etc, just a bit of a chase. I got him out, pushed him back through him escape tunnel ;) and blocked it off with a brick which I'd like to see him try and move because he wont :lol: They're still hyper and really active. Thumpers out in his run alot more now. And she is bouncing about looking for him. It's sweet really. I'm so happy with the progress so far.

I'll get more up to date photos when I'm not at work and it is light :) So Friday pretty much!

Any advice, please give :) So far I've given her lots of hay and her normal food bowl (and feed) portion. I'll begin food change in a day or two and will do it over a course of 2-4 weeks. Hopefully they'll know each other scent well by then and I'll let them see each other on neutral territory. I'll decide about getting her spayed once I've got her onto her new food and I don't want the anesthetic to upset her stomach. But I'll book an appointment for a health check tomorrow for sometime this week or next week :)

Back