• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vhd vaccination

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
in the morning for the bunnies, locksley will not be pleased at another needle going intoo his thick sensitive skin

I'd expect a male that was neutered late to have a thicker skin (Oscars skin is horrible to inject into as he was netured at 3yrs) but the two other buns that I inject regularly have skin that is seriously easy to inject into.

I guess generally most vets see mainly unneutered rabbits, hence the thicker skin.

locksley wasn;t neutered late he was 14weeks old :)
mowgli was also 14 weeks old but he just took his injections he didn;t care :lol:

rosie used to freak in vets reception, but when she got older and had to go every week, she got used to it

locksley wasn;t neutered late he was 14weeks old :)
mowgli was also 14 weeks old but he just took his injections he didn;t care :lol:

rosie used to freak in vets reception, but when she got older and had to go every week, she got used to it

I was just curious why his skin was thick - I didn't know whether he had to have regular injections etc. Just being nosey!

Hope it goes well tomorrow:D

thanks, not sure why its soo thick either, even vet said it was too

Oscars is horribly thick, like elephant skin.
He has to have an injection every three days and I hate doing it as it must hurt him. Luckily he's as good as gold:D

I'd expect a male that was neutered late to have a thicker skin (Oscars skin is horrible to inject into as he was netured at 3yrs) but the two other buns that I inject regularly have skin that is seriously easy to inject into.

I guess generally most vets see mainly unneutered rabbits, hence the thicker skin.

I didn't know that. :shock: Spenser hasn't been neutered yet and he is over a year. He didn't particularly mind being injected. He objects more to having his nails done as this involves more handling. Hope Locksley gets on OK. :wave:

he was very brave and didn't jump. although he did wrap his front paws around his mommys arms :lol:

mabel was good, she didn;t care :lol:

both weighed locksley 1.58kg mabel 0.99kg

Back