• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and your OH

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello
Random question maybe.
Jenson is a little wary of my OH. I thought this would calm after his neuter, and it has a little, he will just take food from him now, but grabs it and runs off.
When we took Jenson to my parents for Christmas he would take food from my Mum and my sister fine, but again wary of my brother who I thought Jenson would take to the easiest.

As a contrast, Jenson climbs on me, begs for food, sits for fuss and jumps on my lap to eat.

Thoughts? :wave:

When we fostered Mitzy she absolutely loved my OH and wasn't bothered about me at all ....... now she's at her forever home, she prefers the males in the household there to the females too.

Whereas Dizzi and Rascal are very wary of my OH, will take food from him but run off and won't let him stroke them.

I suppose it just depends on the individual bunny although I'm sure that Dizzi and Rascal only prefer me because I spend more time with them - if OH did, I think they'd love him just as much! (especially if he had food)! :lol:

My Bun's all love my flippin' OH! Even though I am the treat giver and he never gives them treats!

I suppose I am also the person who prizes their claws out of my clothes when they leap onto my chest from the vet's table and hold on for dear life. I am also the pair of hands gripping them around the backside every time they get their vaccinations...

Is it all males your bunny is wary of? Do you know his history?

I got him at 10 weeks so I feel it's unlikely there was any distrust before hand.

He doesn't hide when my OH is near, he still hops around quite happily and he does now take food from him but that's taken ages. I don't suppose that it helps that I do everything and I don't think my OH wants to take any bunny time from me.

I hope that it's just that Jenson just needs time and my OH needs to put the time in. We have some more NIC panels on order so we can open out the living room instead of the run taking most of the room.

Just got OH in the run giving a fengreek crunchie! :lol: He doesn't have my patience. :roll:

Mimi is a complete daddys girl and Timmy and Max are both total mummys boys. I wonder if theyre naturally drawn to hoomans of the opposite sex:?

My two aren't mad about my OH - but then he does the vet trips and medicines while I'm the crunchie giver :lol: Daisy used to love her daddy when she lived downstairs, but since she's been upstairs with a husbun she doesn't seem to want his attention anymore!

Back