• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thats it.. i need a new hutch!!

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I just wacked my broken nose on there hutch door :? poppy has chewed the door and it makes it hard to open i pulled and pulled and.. ouch!!

Does anyone know any two storey hutchs made of heavy duty wood! i go through a hutch every 6 months :( i cant have a shed as mum wont let me as we have two sheds in the garden already :roll: unless anyone has any ideas how i can persuade them on letting me have a playhouse :D

p.s they dont just have a hutch they have two runs all the time too and free range in the afternnons :wave:

Last edited:
A 6 x 4 wendy house would not take up much more room that a 6 x 2 hutch ;) and they look pretty (not just like sheds). It would probably last a lot longer than your hutches by the sound of it so cost effective too ;)

I hope your parents will agree to a hutch for you as it also makes it easier in the winter to clean them out and spend time with them.

A 6 x 4 wendy house would not take up much more room that a 6 x 2 hutch ;) and they look pretty (not just like sheds). It would probably last a lot longer than your hutches by the sound of it so cost effective too ;)

I hope your parents will agree to a hutch for you as it also makes it easier in the winter to clean them out and spend time with them.

:D i really want a wendy house :love: its hard living with your parents as there like its our house.. bla bla.. :roll: and my dad brought me a hutch hugger for my bday for them and there quite expensive.. but i could put there hutch in the wendy house couldnt i? and just take that stupid door off that hit me in the nose :lol: that way they can keep there hutch hugger for the cold winter.. have more room and shelter.. and ill be happy :D hope it works!! so hard to persuade my step dad thou.. i only have two years left then im moving out.. i would before that but my O/H really wants to buy a house so we are saving a deposite, but i cant wait that long i want a wendy house now :p

You can put the hutch inside as extra warmth etc. You may also be able to sell the hutch hugger on ebay and use that towards the wendy house (if you are allowed).

I hope you can get one (tell them you will take it with you when you leave ;))

You can put the hutch inside as extra warmth etc. You may also be able to sell the hutch hugger on ebay and use that towards the wendy house (if you are allowed).

I hope you can get one (tell them you will take it with you when you leave ;))

ooo im so excited i hope it works! aslong as its not too much bigger then the hutch i dont see the problem :) they cant say we have too many sheds because it will be a playhouse.. i think they just get annoyed as i not only have a hutch but two runs attached and they free range in the afternoons so dig up the garden.. and plants :lol:

05112009006.jpg

ouch!

With any exposed wooden areas it is best to line the edges with plastic or metal lipping...its really inexpensive and puts a stop to chewing thus prolonging the life of the hutch/ shed etc :)

ouch!

With any exposed wooden areas it is best to line the edges with plastic or metal lipping...its really inexpensive and puts a stop to chewing thus prolonging the life of the hutch/ shed etc :)

o thank you :) i dont know why i didnt think of that before! :lol:

ooo im so excited i hope it works! aslong as its not too much bigger then the hutch i dont see the problem :) they cant say we have too many sheds because it will be a playhouse.. i think they just get annoyed as i not only have a hutch but two runs attached and they free range in the afternoons so dig up the garden.. and plants :lol:

05112009006.jpg

Do they use both of the runs or just one? We used to have one on the front and one on the side - they never used the one on the front :roll:

I can see they like digging :lol:

Do they use both of the runs or just one? We used to have one on the front and one on the side - they never used the one on the front :roll:

I can see they like digging :lol:

well they have two but like you, they only use one :lol: im in the middle of trying to put the runaround tube on the second run so they can graze the grass all day :)

well they have two but like you, they only use one :lol: im in the middle of trying to put the runaround tube on the second run so they can graze the grass all day :)

So would an option be.................

Wendy house with one run attached which could take up less space and they get free range too.;)

:lol::lol::lol:
Check some out on ebay in your area. Some kids may have got new ones for Christmas ;) Mine was 6 x 4 (a 6' run would not fit in though as it was external), they had a dog bed. I've now moved up to a dog kennel but kept the wendy house as it is prettier than a shed.:lol:

DSC02590.jpg

Its really easy to put up...just a few tacks and done :)

I have got a playhouse set up now...soooo worth it...the bun have much more floor space to stretch out, cleaning them out is a doddle and doing it in the rain is no problem :)

Here is the playhouse and run I have :)

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04668.jpg

Oooh this is so exciting!!! I am in the same position as you..(but i dont have a broken nose!:lol:)
The buns are in a well sized hutch, but i reeeeaaally want them to have a palace.... we have the sapce, but i think financially, my parents arent quite there yet...
PM me if you need any tips on persuasion!!
:D

DSC02590.jpg

Its really easy to put up...just a few tacks and done :)

I have got a playhouse set up now...soooo worth it...the bun have much more floor space to stretch out, cleaning them out is a doddle and doing it in the rain is no problem :)

Here is the playhouse and run I have :)

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04668.jpg

So jellious my hutch has just broken. it has been shoddy for a while, the bottom floor bowed so had to put bricks underneath and now door has snapped off. poor rabbit is in a small shop bought hutch for last two days (borrowed) :( gonna try make a new door today but would love a new playhouse instead:)

Back