• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies have arrived

Wondergirl

Alpha Buck
I picked up Holly & Fern my two mini lop girls this morning. They have had a cuddle and now I've left them to settle into their new home. Any tips on how I can help them settle?

Photos to follow :)

As tempting as it is to get them out for a cuddle Id leave them alone in a quiet room for a few hours or even the rest of the day for them to get over the stress of the move. Have you got any toys from their previous home or even some of their old bedding or litter? The smell of something familiar will hep them settle in much quicker
Congrats on getting new bunnies

As hard as it's been, I've left them in their new home as much as possible. I've checked on them both a few times and given them their tea. I've just been out to say goodnight to them and they both seem quite happy :)

Sorry, I missed your earlier post. :oops: So pleased you have your bunnies home, and hope they settle in well. My bunny Spenser took quite a while to settle, but he was on his own whereas your girls have each other. :wave:

I'm in the same process as you atm. I got my new girly today :D Because both her and my Thumper were lonely signle rabbits they've been nosing at each other since I put her in her half of the run. It's very cute to watch, most of her attention has been drawn to Thumper and she seems settled. Plus she's started to eat some of her original food :) I think the owner scared her for the journey home more then the drive tbh, the woman held her for about 15 minutes before letting her go into our carry case. But she's happy already :) I hope your rabbits are too!

They seem happy, inquisitive little things. I'm not sure what they make of having an upstairs and a downstairs though... Holly isn't sure about going down! Lol. I'm sure she will in her own time

Last edited:
Hey seem happy, inquisitive little things. I'm not sure what they make of having an upstairs and a downstairs though... Holly isn't sure about going down! Lol. I'm sure she will in her own time

If you remember to, video it and pm me the recording. I can't imagine watching a rabbit go down stairs :shock: my rabbits live outside :D

My bunny took ages to get the hang of the stairs, partly because I was frightened he would fall down and kept taking them out (he's a hutch rabbit). If Fern is using them I'm sure Holly will soon follow.

Think lots of gentle talking to them helps (which I'm sure you're doing, as who can resist talking to their bunnies) so they recognise and get used to your voice.

If you remember to, video it and pm me the recording. I can't imagine watching a rabbit go down stairs :shock: my rabbits live outside :D

It's catching them doing it that's the hard part! Mine are outside bunnies, or at least they will be when spring comes.. They are in a heated garage at the moment.

It's catching them doing it that's the hard part! Mine are outside bunnies, or at least they will be when spring comes.. They are in a heated garage at the moment.

If it's a two storey hutch I would make sure they have hay and water on both levels in case one of them gets stuck overnight (if you haven't done this already). What age are they?

Back