• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much time do you spend with your buns?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
My O/H and i were talking yesterday as we were out for the day.. i never really go out for the day because i hate leaving the buns and i was saying how wierd it felt to spend a whole day without them.. i spend most of my free time with them :love: like a addiction :lol: i get up two hours before i have to get ready for work (5:00) just so i can spend two hours with them and then as soon as i get home they go for a free range then i have my tea then another free range, then there daddy comes and we spend till 9 o clock with them untill its there bed time :love::lol:

How much time do you spend in the day?

i spend the most amount of time with my bunnies in the morning when i give them breakfast and in the evening when i give them their veg :) i would spend more time with them during the day but my 2 year old wont leave them alone and i dont want him to scare them to much, saying that tho he has tamed one of the bunnies when she came to me she had no body weight you could feel all of her bones she was very nervous and very very scared as soon as anyone came near the cage, but my 2 year old has been putting bits of hay thru the bars and she has been eating them from him and will now come up to you if you have food he also used to get into her cage but ive managed to find a way to stop him getting in, i just worry that he might hurt a bunny by accident when they are out of the cages

I only spend about an hour or two per day with them. They are outdoor rabbits so I go out in the morning to feed, water, give fresh hay and put them in their run for the day. And in the evening, I feed, water, clean out their sleeping area in the hutch (which they use as a toilet), give them fresh hay, and put them into their hutch for the night. And then cover them over with blankets and sheets once it gets dark.

Some days, during spring and summer, I go and sit in the run with them for an hour, just stroking them, taking pictures, reading books with them etc.

I don't think they need me too much as they have each other. They don't like being picked up, but they don't mind being cuddled and they do give me kisses sometimes, so I don't think they suffer from me not being with them all the time.

I don't spend much time with my buns, but spend time looking at them. They don't really like me, and look happier when I am not near them!! I am happy that they are happy though.

I work full time so only spend time feeding and watering them in the morning for 15 minutes or so and then in the evening again, but spend longer with them in evening, varies as to how many other jobs I need to do around the house. My OH is with them in the day, so he spends time looking after them, especially in summer when they are out in the runs.
Love it when Iam on holiday from work, like now (back tomorrow:() then I have much more free time to devote to them:)

It depends on the weather. In summer we spend more time together. But in winter probably only about 5 minutes twice a day as it's too dark in the evening so they neither want to come out nor do I want them to as we have foxes. Even in the winter mornings they have a 5 minute binky round then go and sit in the kennel with their heads in their food bowls and beady little hard stares at me, waiting for me to give them breakfast. :lol: In summer it could be an hour or so a day with two play times, and even nose rubs and chin rubs if I sit on the floor - Frank is especially affectionate and likes to sit with me. If it's raining a bomb wouldn't get them out of the kennel. :lol: It's as much their choice as mine.

I spend most of the day with Dexie at my feet if I'm not at uni as he's a house bun.
Pumpkin only gets a look in and a quick nose rub a few times a day as she's with her litter.
As for the two new buns... I've been letting them settle into their new hutch but they get a few hours free range in the house per day :)

I'm at home all day & as he's a free ranging house bun & sleeps in my bedroom we're together 24/7.
We have prime time together in the morning & most of the evening when we play, & if it's light, he has the choice of free range in the garden.
Bed time "cuddles" is particularly important for both of us.

Our two are house bunnies so when we're in they can spend time with us for hours if they wish - they usually choose to come into the same room as we're in. Teddy will go upstairs but we don't leave him unattended up there, he'll usually come down when you call him, or just follow us down :love:. Rosie is far less adventurous and has never been upstairs - she doesn't even go down the hall bless her.

The 'bunny room' is the dining room and they're in there when we're at work (or otherwise out) and overnight.

Not enough - he lives at the bottom of the garden. :( I pay him lots of short visits, but never spend more than an hour at one time with him (ubnless I am trying to catch him in the coservatory. :roll::lol:

I go and gut their enclosure once a week which gives me an hour and usually get to spend another couple of hours throughout the week.

Reason it's so low is that I got the rabbits when I lived with my parents and have sinced moved into my own flat. My garden isn't secure and my parents garden went through a lot of customisation to keep them there. It'd also be rather difficult to move their shed and run. I had hoped that I'd be abe to change my garden and move them here but as my dad can come home early to let them out for longer I'm not sure it'd be fair. My parents only live 10mins away from me and I'm there at least twice a week to go shopping and go up the town and stuff anyway.

Depends on the time of year but as I am at home most of the time I'm around 'a' rabbit most of the day :lol:

Mine are outdoor buns and I spend hours with them each day, I take a chair outside and sit out watching them free roam, I must look a right nutter sat outside in the winter talking to my buns.

I'm at home 24/7 so i can spend anytime i want, but normally it's just when i'm medicating , cleaning hutches /cages, runs , grooming, filling waters and feeds etc, putting out in runs.

Most my buns have bonded partners so they are happy with each others company.

They are all within my company though all the time even if I'm not doing anything with them.

As much time as possible :)
I spend hours outside pottering about and supervising them in the garden, or just sitting outside with my laptop. Quite often I have realised that I'm outside in the rain whilst they are sitting in their playhouse/run, warm and dry :oops: They always decide they want to come out and play when I close the door though :roll:

As much time as possible. I have my other pets too and have a rountine and times of the day which I spend with the pets. In the morning I get up and feed the rats and spend a bit of time with them first cos they are in my room. Then I'll go outside to see the guinea's and feed them etc. They prefer to be with eachother but I still watch them and be with them for a bit. Then I'll feed the bunnies etc. When Beano was outside on her own I spent more time with her and spent pretty much all day with her and Gordon whilst bonding. Now I see them in the morning after the rats and guineas and again in an afternoon then on an evening. And usually pop in to check on them a few times as well but just say hello or look in the shed window to check they are ok. I will then feed the frogs and spend some time watching them and they like human interaction so I will sort of play with them for a bit (well put my hand in and they will bite it first then sit on it:lol:). Then I will let the rats out and play with them. So as much time as I can but at least three times a day for about 1 hour each time.

Ine are free range house buns so Im with them whenever Im home :D I try to spend loads of one on one time with Max as hes currently a single boy.
I much prefer staying home spending time with my buns to going out, and I feel guilty if Im at work all day then go out in the evening :oops:

During the holidays, i pretty much spend all of my time with the buns (unless im on RU :D)
But during school days, i get up, feed them, check their water, and some times i have enough time for cuddles :love:
After school i have some thing to eat, and then its off to the buns again until 6, which is when i tuck them in for night!

...thats like my life story...:lol:

Back