• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy "Oscar Gets Neutered Today" Day!

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
My little man Oscar gets neutered in the morning! I am verrrrry excited for him, but still, rather nervous :? I know it's routine, but... :( I love his cheeky self and I hope everything goes alright.
I'm excited to have him all healed up and officially bonded with Ollie. I've gone shopping for new bits and bobs for their new love nest and I can't wait! Got some great deals on toys and fleeceys and such. And a new carrier for practically nothing. Successful rabbit shopping day :D
I'll let you guys know how it goes! Good luck vibes please for little Oscar :D

"Oyyyy mum, does I haveeeeee to wakes up earlies for my swurgerweyy??"
014kjh.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of *Vibes* for wee Oscar - I hope the vet doesn't shave that fluffy bum :shock::lol:

Well I diiiiiid have them remove some awful matted fur whilst he was under (he's a recent rescue). I'm excited to see his lovely shiney new coat :love:

So he vets just rang and said everything went lovely with little Oscar :wave: I'll be going to pick him up in a few.
Was just thinking...tis been a while since I've had a just-neutered rabbit. How long does recovery take? I remember Blaise was up and bouncing just hours after his surgery..but that musn't be normal.
How long before it's ok for him to see/start getting adjusted to living with Oliver? (whom he's not currently living with, but they have lived together, and are quite in love :love:)

Thank you :wave: Not too worried about fertility - although I've heard it was only 2 weeks after the procedure - either way, no worries as he prefers to have a boyfriend to a girlyfriend ;)

So I've just gone round to collect him, and everything went brill, but the vet nurse right ticked me off. She was giving me post-op care advice, and then asked if I use a bowl or bottle for water. I responded bowl - all my buns have always used them - and she started going at me saying things like "this isn't a dog, you know, rabbits are made to use bottles" and "he may fall asleep in his waterbowl and drown" and so on and so forth. I realize that she was trying to help, but she kept going on and on about it. I politely told her that I would be keeping the closest of eyes on him, and not to worry.
:roll:
But on a lighter note, I've just tucked him away in his cage and he went straight for his nummy fruit that I had waiting for him :D

glad he's ok:D

as for the 'nurse'......i've never seen wild rabbits have the luxury of bottles - how differently 'made' is oscar?:?

Back