• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Digital Camera/Video Camera

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I want to take some photos- my blackberry is out of action, but it's not great when taking photo's indoors-

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced digital camera/video camera that i can buy to take some great pics of the bunnies and the local wildlife round here?

I treated myself to a Samsung camcorder F40 which takes digital stills too - chatted with experts about what is best and easy to use and this was the one - it cost £129.95 from Tesco and at the mo comes with an additional free battery and case! Its wicked and the zoom is brill!

I treated myself to a Samsung camcorder F40 which takes digital stills too - chatted with experts about what is best and easy to use and this was the one - it cost £129.95 from Tesco and at the mo comes with an additional free battery and case! Its wicked and the zoom is brill!

Thank you don't want to pay too much for one but need it to be good. £129.95 is about right. I would feel guilty if i spent any more when it could be spent on vet care or something more productive. I do need one to photograph for the website i'm building though.

I wanted one specifically to film my buns and capture wonderful moments which I have missed before - have found this perfect - other ones may need rechargeable batteries changing all the time, check battery length and filming time etc - lots to check beforehand - this definitely was a great buy and fits perfect in my hand with the strap so i can't drop it whilst dodging runaway buns!!:lol::lol:

QUOTE=Ambience;4283009]Thank you don't want to pay too much for one but need it to be good. £129.95 is about right. I would feel guilty if i spent any more when it could be spent on vet care or something more productive. I do need one to photograph for the website i'm building though.[/QUOTE]

We've just bought a Flip Mino 2nd Generation video camcorder, there was a review of it on the web and it showed comparisons with two other camcorders of the same shot, in indoor lighting and this one was by far the best.

It wasnt cheap though but not too far off that price range, we saved up for it and we havent stopped using it.

I've just posted a video in Stories and Photos section, so if you want to see what its like have a look there - although I have to say some of the quality has been lost during upload to You Tube, unfortunately.

You get an editing software package with it as well that is easy to use. I think you can use the software to take off stills, but the camera itself doesnt take stills.

We've just bought a Flip Mino 2nd Generation video camcorder, there was a review of it on the web and it showed comparisons with two other camcorders of the same shot, in indoor lighting and this one was by far the best.

It wasnt cheap though but not too far off that price range, we saved up for it and we havent stopped using it.

I've just posted a video in Stories and Photos section, so if you want to see what its like have a look there - although I have to say some of the quality has been lost during upload to You Tube, unfortunately.

You get an editing software package with it as well that is easy to use. I think you can use the software to take off stills, but the camera itself doesnt take stills.

It's still really good quality.

I do have a blackberry bold- it needs resetting. How would this be in comparison to that camera wise. I think it's 3mpxl or something. I don't really understand cameras.

Is there any point buying something separate or shall i just try reset and fix that. It's broken at the moment though.

Back