• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandelion or Poppy Den

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I was wanting one of the above for the rabbits, but wanted to see some photos with animals actually in them as the photos on the P@H website are a bit deceiving. So any photos would be appreciated!

Thanks!

:wave:
me personally wouldn't go for any as especially not poppy den my friend has that 1 for her two Ginnies and although seem adequate for them i dont think my bun would be happy in there way too small for a rabbit i have not seen the other 1 would it be for inside use or outside,
would they spend most of the day and night in it
i have got two tier hutches one that is 4 foot that's daisy cottage from pets at home and the other witch is 5 foot called summer lodge from pets at home the 5 foot is a better quality hutch but cost more, but you can get the daisy cottage on a deal with a starter kit for 100pound
hope this helps
sorry for the essay:lol:

I have Dandelion Den for a single rabbit. He has a run underneath it. It is a bit borderline for size I think but I was acting on an emergency falling out between two recently bonded buns on a Sunday at about 2.30 so was a bit stuck for choice. If I had had more choice I may have bought something online but, having said that, it does have plus points - it has bars rather than the wire mesh stuff which many better quality hutches have (not keen on this) and it works well with the run I subsequently bought. All in all for a single bun with a decent sized run attached I would it is a reasonable choice. Sorry I can't work out how to attach photos (!) but if you would like some PM me your email and I will send you a couple.

I don't know what they are like for size because I haven't had either of those hutches before but I have found that Pets at Home hutches aren't very good quality and need replacing quite a lot. I've had a few pets at home hutches for my guinea-pigs and none of them have lasted longer than a year :)

I've heard a few bad things about p@h hutches but I've also heard lots of good things. I think it's the same with everything.. Everyone has a different opinion and Everyones bunnies are different. I've just been given their Rose Cottage hutch for Christmas and I love it!

I went with the Daisy cottage (I think its called) in the end, the double storey version of the Poppy Den.

BTW, it's just a base, never for them to be shut in. I just wanted something big enough for their food bowl, litter tray and hay racks, just so they have somewhere snuggly if they want it. The doors will never be shut!

Back