• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You spend far too much money on veg for "those animals"

:evil::evil::evil:

Yeah, thats because i have to replace it after you use all my bloody cabbage and spring greens!!!!! :censored::censored::censored:

Noone even likes :censored: cabbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do i really have to resort to my own bloody fridge!

Im so annoyed, all ive got left is parsnips and carrots and he thought it would be nice to leave me with the stem of the broccoli!! Its MY BROCCOLI

Is there anything i can do? Do veg need to be in the fridge? I cant believe i have to resort to hiding it! :censored::censored::censored:

Rant over. Im seething, i cant have anything to myself in this damn house!

Nobody touches my buns veg, maybe you need to stick a dissapproving rabbit photo on the fridge door with a sign saying do not touch my veg or else!

Oh that's not nice if someone has used your bunnies veg :(

I live with my 2 brothers who wont touch vegetables, I did have to get my own fridge though as they didn't like the veggies in with their stuff!

Could you get a mini fridge and keep it in your room or something?

I know how you feel. My veggies always seem to disappear :roll: But luckily, I'm not the one who pays for it. My mum's favorite thing in the whole wide world is making up "bunny salads" and she wouldn't even dare let me do it, she has her own particular way :roll::lol: But since she buys it, she uses it for herself too. Meaning when my buns are itchin for their veg, theres a good chance we're out :roll:
If you're desperate enough, you could look for a mini fridge. But really, it's not worth it. Just label the veggies that are yours with big red marker and warn everybody off :lol:

This time of year veg keeps just fine in a shed/outbuilding/garage. We often keep overflow in the garage. There's been a bag of cabbage leaves out there a month and it still looks fresh!

I do spend a fortune on the buns vege. £45 a week, If things start to wilt bunnies turn their noses up. :lol:

I keep mine in the shed too, as it stays just as fresh for days!

I too would be really annoyed if someone was using up mine, then complaing how I spend my money!

I have a mini fridge in my room that i mostly put sodas in. :) That would work well, especially in the warmer months when you can't keep in out of the fridge.

or a gun, but thats frowned upon

:lol: I just had a funny mental image of someone holding a person at gun point in front of the fridge to stop them from eating the bunny veg

I do spend a fortune on the buns vege. £45 a week, If things start to wilt bunnies turn their noses up. :lol:

:shock::shock::shock:

Its my dad thats taking it, and he knows which is bunny veg because ive taken over one of the draws at the bottom. I occasionally leave treaty things out for dad to use, like carrots, parsnips and odd bits of fruit because i know they wont keep for as long.

I had thought about a mini fridge, but they are pretty noisy, arent as cold and dont have as much room.

I might put a dissappoiving picture of Dolly on there though :lol:

Im going to have to go out and buy more veg now...hopefully dad needs to go to the shop and ill casually follow him and bury my veg in his basket. When he notices i just say its on offer *sweet daughter face*. ;)

That would have lasted me until the end of this week, i really cant afford to replace it.

A cool box that runs off the mains might be bigger than a mini fridge - i wouldnt get 2 days worth in our mini fridge! :lol: But they are noisy too.

This time of year, we can use the outhouse but in the summer, things just dont last.

I'm lucky that it's me doing the shopping and cooking because i would totally freak if anyone were to use my buns food!!

I also find cheaper ways of getting veg - eg. veg boxes delivered to the home is value for money but obviously, you cant select what you want and some of it might not be bun suitable but great for a family who eat tons of veg.

Greengrocers are also cheaper than supermarkets - i'm off to the local one today to get the bunnies things in. :)

Good luck with the bunny food snatcher!!

Back