• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues-(A little help)Getting a rabbit signed over to me under the rescue name?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can anyone give me any idea what i should draft the form up to say or does anyone have a template i can use so that a member of the public can sign a rescue over to me.

Do most other rescues tend to have a letter of consent to sign the rabbit over or do you just take the bun in without doing anything further.

Thanks.

For all the rabbits that come in from private individuals you must get the owner to sign something giving up their rights and transferring them to you - to protect yourself.

It only needs to be simple.

I_______________ of address__________________________________ surrender ownership of ________ rabbits to Rescue Name. date________________________
signature______________________
donation given____________________(it costs approx £X pounds to prepare each animal for rehoming, we would appreciate a contributon towards this to enable us to operate)

then get some details for each animal

name, age, description, health probs, temperament, current diet, vaccination status, neuter status, whether used to bottle or bowl, whether has a partner etc etc

Thanks all that is really helpful.

Is the donation aspect compulsory or voluntary towards neutering etc? I haven't mentioned anything to her, so this time it will be voluntary if she does give anything.

I'll work on this tonight. Is it best to take this form to the vets with me when they do neutering etc. Keep a record to go with each bun.

For all the rabbits that come in from private individuals you must get the owner to sign something giving up their rights and transferring them to you - to protect yourself.

Thanks i did think it needs to be in a legal format for that reason :)

Thanks all that is really helpful.

Is the donation aspect compulsory or voluntary towards neutering etc? I haven't mentioned anything to her, so this time it will be voluntary if she does give anything.

Entirely up to you.

You will be lucky if anyone gives you anything and if some people know in advance that you want a donation then unless they really, really care, they will probably just stick them on the free ads anyway.

If you are going to be getting most of yours from the vets because you aren't going to advertise then you won't seen any donations coming in with them. Just in the same way you won't if you take in strays - the person handing them in won't be donating in my experience.

Entirely up to you.

You will be lucky if anyone gives you anything and if some people know in advance that you want a donation then unless they really, really care, they will probably just stick them on the free ads anyway.

If you are going to be getting most of yours from the vets because you aren't going to advertise then you won't seen any donations coming in with them. Just in the same way you won't if you take in strays - the person handing them in won't be donating in my experience.

No probs- i didn't even think of funds coming in that way to be honest- i thought it was probably guaranteed the cost would all be on me initially. I think donations will be unlikely in this case. This is a one off member of the public though rather than through the vets. We shall see :)

It only needs to be simple.

I_______________ of address__________________________________ surrender ownership of ________ rabbits to Rescue Name. date________________________
signature______________________
donation given____________________(it costs approx £X pounds to prepare each animal for rehoming, we would appreciate a contributon towards this to enable us to operate)

then get some details for each animal

name, age, description, health probs, temperament, current diet, vaccination status, neuter status, whether used to bottle or bowl, whether has a partner etc etc

Thanks alot for this :)

No probs- i didn't even think of funds coming in that way to be honest- i thought it was probably guaranteed the cost would all be on me initially. I think donations will be unlikely in this case. This is a one off member of the public though rather than through the vets. We shall see :)

I do get donations - I ask for them in fact when I have the rabbit in my grasp. I explain why I would like one too. It does work and the people sometimes give you something.

When people are emigrating or their circumstances have genuinely changed then these type of people often really do appreaciate you helping out and make a donation becuase they understand what you will have to do to rehome them. Of course these types of people have often ensured that the rabbits are already neutered and vacc'd anyway so a donation is nice to have but not quite so important for the immediate care.

I do get donations - I ask for them in fact when I have the rabbit in my grasp. I explain why I would like one too. It does work and the people sometimes give you something.

When people are emigrating or their circumstances have genuinely changed then these type of people often really do appreaciate you helping out and make a donation becuase they understand what you will have to do to rehome them. Of course these types of people have often ensured that the rabbits are already neutered and vacc'd anyway so a donation is nice to have but not quite so important for the immediate care.

Brill- well the lady who is signing her over seems nice enough- just had a change of circumstances.

We will see what happens- I've made a suggestion it would help with neutering and vaccination costs to make a small donation. I've left this totally optional to her though.

My first experience of dealing with the public directly and inviting them to my premises. We will see how it goes.

Is there anything else i should know?
Thanks

Back