• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan question about claiming

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,
Our lovely Noel has been poorly as some of you may have read. He is insured by Petplan. He had a trip to the emergency vet on New Years Eve and now he is in Andover with John Chitty and has had a 2 night stay so far.
We have a claim form and wondered if we need to get the emergency vet to fill it in as well as John Chitty, the other vet?
Also it says on the form, is the rabbit up to date with the vaccinations. Well, Noel had the myxy booster on Thursday and he is booked in to have the VHD one on 15th Jan (he was booked in previous to his illness), It does say in terms and conditions that PetPlan won't pay out for any conditions linked to VHD or myxy if they're not vaccinated against them. Noel has gas (stasis) and so not linked to VHD or myxy. Do you think they wil pay out?
Thank you.
x

Yes, i would think you would be fine for a payout.

You need to get both vets to fill in the forms as it needs to be a continuation claim so that you only have to pay one excess.

Hi all,
Our lovely Noel has been poorly as some of you may have read. He is insured by Petplan. He had a trip to the emergency vet on New Years Eve and now he is in Andover with John Chitty and has had a 2 night stay so far.
We have a claim form and wondered if we need to get the emergency vet to fill it in as well as John Chitty, the other vet?
Also it says on the form, is the rabbit up to date with the vaccinations. Well, Noel had the myxy booster on Thursday and he is booked in to have the VHD one on 15th Jan (he was booked in previous to his illness), It does say in terms and conditions that PetPlan won't pay out for any conditions linked to VHD or myxy if they're not vaccinated against them. Noel has gas (stasis) and so not linked to VHD or myxy. Do you think they wil pay out?
Thank you.
x

I would probably ask your regural vet to fill it in, because I assume that the emergency vet should have sent the bunny's notes to your regular vet's practice.

Payplan should pay out because Noel's condition was not linked to VHD.

Sounds fine to me. I don't think it matters who fills it in as long as all the boxes are filled and ticked correctly!! :wave:

send a claim form to both. the emergency vet should get the first one and then the regular vet the continuation of the claim.

thats what i did for Alvin because he was admitted to the emergency vet first then went to the regular vets for a check up.

How strict are they about dental check ups? When Noel went in a few months ago the vet did look at his teeth but not sure it was written down.

Yes, i would think you would be fine for a payout.

You need to get both vets to fill in the forms as it needs to be a continuation claim so that you only have to pay one excess.

this: whoever you have paid money direct to needs to fill in a seperate form.

Just got back from collecting Noel and the vet took the claim form from us...does he send it off to petplan?!

Back