• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does everyone think ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
What do you all think about a 6ft X 2ft with a 6ft X 4ft run attached for 2 two bunnies.
And a single 6f X 2ft and a seperate run for in the daytime for a single bunny ??

Sizes sound good but would be better if the single bunny had an attached rather than separate run so that there was free access when the bun chose.:)

I think it sounds fine. Personally, I don't think the run has to be attached for the single bun as long as he is in the run all day. :) But, it is best for the 2 to have a run attached because there will be more space for them. :wave:

ETA: If the single bun (Harry?) has a 6ft hutch, you have the option of getting him a friend because the hutch is big enough for 2. ;) But, he is quite a big boy. :lol:

Personally I am not keen on separate runs as in the cold wetter days rabbits get little time out, you can attatch runs via tubes if you cannot locate a hutch immediatly next to the run.

Have you considered either bonding your 3 to be come a three some or getting a partner for the single bun.

I think it sounds fine. Personally, I don't think the run has to be attached for the single bun as long as he is in the run all day. :) But, it is best for the 2 to have a run attached because there will be more space for them. :wave:

ETA: If the single bun (Harry?) has a 6ft hutch, you have the option of getting him a friend because the hutch is big enough for 2. ;) But, he is quite a big boy. :lol:

hehe might be on the look out for a dutch wifey :L:L

Given that buns are more active at dawn and dusk an attached run would be much better otherwise, I am assuming, that bun would be in his/her hutch at these times. They sleep more during the day which would be the time this bunny would be given access to the run if not attached.

Personally I am not keen on separate runs as in the cold wetter days rabbits get little time out, you can attatch runs via tubes if you cannot locate a hutch immediatly next to the run.

Have you considered either bonding your 3 to be come a three some or getting a partner for the single bun.

yeah I might give bonding ago, but he isnt a single bunny for a reason I got him kind of unexpectantly here is the thread that describes it all ........
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=260781&highlight=Meet+harry

As much as I think having an attached run is great, the bun would be in there for exercise as well. They wouldn't get a change of environment getting to have a run around elsewhere (which my buns enjoy, they do have run of the shed but enjoy coming out to their run everyday, as I'm sure they must get bored even with all their toys. ;) )

But another idea is, your rabbits can go in your current runs in the day and obviously go in the hutches at night but they could have attached runs anyway? Then this way, they will still have access to a run for dawn and dusk as well as getting to have a run around in a different place in the daytime which would be your separate runs? :D

Last edited:
Personally I don't like having seperate runs because rabbits are most active when its starting to get dark, which is when I assume you put him/her back in their hutch?

But the arrangment for the pair sounds fine :wave:

what about a 5ft X 2ft hutch with a 4ft X 4ft run atatched for a single bun, and also they have access to another run during the day ?

what about a 5ft X 2ft hutch with a 4ft X 4ft run atatched for a single bun, and also they have access to another run during the day ?

most would say at least a 6ft x 4ft attached run to the hutch but as he'd be in a seperate run during the day I think that's ok because it would just be like he has one big hutch. :)

Oh and we need more pic updates of Harry, he's too cute! :love:

Last edited:
Back