• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guilt Trip Overload ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Maybe I am just on a downer today but all these threads about pro/against Breeders, that having bought from a breeder is very 'wrong'. Not being 'allowed' to choose a Rabbit based on his/her appearance, having a 5.5ft hutch not a 6ft one-a grave sin.

It's almost as if keeping Pet Rabbits is meant to induce feelings of inadequacy and guilt. That how ever hard we try we will never get it right

*sigh*

Think I better get some sleep before Enya's next lot of treatment is due

:cry:

Maybe I am just on a downer today but all these threads about pro/against Breeders, that having bought from a breeder is very 'wrong'. Not being 'allowed' to choose a Rabbit based on his/her appearance, having a 5.5ft hutch not a 6ft one-a grave sin.

It's almost as if keeping Pet Rabbits is meant to induce feelings of inadequacy and guilt. That how ever hard we try we will never get it right

*sigh*

Think I better get some sleep before Enya's next lot of treatment is due

:cry:

:wave:

Try not to let whatever people say affect you, especially somewhere like this. I don't think anyone has said any of those things though, or been meaning to imply those. If they have, then it must be wonderful to be a totally faultless and perfect bunny mum/dad having made no mistakes ever.

To be honest though Jane, all anyone has to be accountable to is their rabbits. That is all.

ignore it jane, its only a small handful of people judging the rest as per on RU :lol:... im PRO keeping rabbits i adore them and i will never be made to feel guilty for that :love:

I see where you are coming from but I think its just being taken to the nth degree because there so many strong and diverse opinions.

At the end of the day the one thing that unites us all is a love of rabbits.

I for one, certainly would not want to make anyone feel guilty for having a rabbit, as they are truly amazing creatures who light up your life. AndI by no means give them a perfect life in a perfect set-up.

how you think the breeders will be feeling? :lol:
I know what you mean, on one hand these debates are quite interesting, but they can get quite depressive.

I will always be optomistic about how things change for the better or you've lost the battle already. I do the best I can for my rabbits and won't let anyone tell or make me feel otherwise.

Helen xx

Aww, don't feel guilty. If it's a case of 'yes' or 'no' I'm a 'no to breeding', but with a lot of hedging - after all, if my friends hadn't got a cute little baby mini-lop from a breeder for their kids :roll::roll: I wouldn't have discovered bunny love. :love:

That is why I don't post lots of things because I feel people would judge even though I know I look after my rabbits well and I know they are happy as I get daily binkies! I don't need people who don't know me to judge me on stupid little things, some people make a big deal over something so small. Same that I don't post if i know it is going to be a heated debate. Some things I really don't agree with but i have learnt to keep my mouth shut.
Don't let other people's opinions upset you!

I see where you are coming from but I think its just being taken to the nth degree because there so many strong and diverse opinions.

I for one, certainly would not want to make anyone feel guilty for having a rabbit, as they are truly amazing creatures who light up your life. AndI by no means give them a perfect life in a perfect set-up.

Well said! i think as long as you know that the bun is happy, and you are doing every thing you can in your power to make their life good (which you are) then you (in my opinion) have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
That is why I don't post lots of things because I feel people would judge even though I know I look after my rabbits well and I know they are happy as I get daily binkies! I don't need people who don't know me to judge me on stupid little things, some people make a big deal over something so small. Same that I don't post if i know it is going to be a heated debate. Some things I really don't agree with but i have learnt to keep my mouth shut.
Don't let other people's opinions upset you!

i dont even get binkies :shock:

I agree, although we need to be told what were doing wrong to make it right otherwise we would never know, sometimes it just goes a bit to far:(
Afterall this forum is for ALL bunny lovers to help and teach others about rabbits needs, we should all be a big team working together to promote rabbit welfare, not snapping at people who are trying to do their best and have been on the forum for some time therefore already getting tons of help to improve their rabbit/s life style (not talking about anybody paticular)
We want a good reputation so more people come here looking for help with their rabbits and we can provide that help, just sometimes a bit to forcefully.

This forum is a great place for help with rabbits, but lots of people have very strong views on certain aspects of rabbit care, thats ok, everybody has a right to their own opinion, however we also need to listen to what other people think and how they feel about a certain issue, sometimes we're not so good at that. But, this is a furm online, nobody can tell exactly how somebody is saying something so posts can be misinterprated causing them to go of on a tangent.

I've been blabbing:oops: But overall I think people shouldn't be made to feel guilty about things they have done in the past.

I agree. Its getting a bit ridiculous. Too many 'rules'.

I agree with this too, We are all here to learn so as adults we must choose what advice we take.:)

Well as you can see from my postings on those threads, I am totally confused about everything! AND I keep all my rabbits indoors at the mo ......... Seriously though, I think it's important to remember that as long as your own rabbits are happy, loved and well looked after, that is the main thing :)

Well said:D

lol not recently... theres alot of past threads about house rabbits being unnatural tho :lol:

Oh right!!

And some poorly buns wouldnt be able to cope outside..... plus, I loooooove being able to watch them day and night :love: My guys couldnt be this spoilt if they lived outside... they own more stuff than I do! :oops::oops:

Back