• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a routine with the buns or not?

Do you have a routine with the buns or not?

• Yes -i do everything at the same time everyday

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • No- i do things as and when i feel they need to be done

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Do you have a routine when feeding, medicating , grooming etc, exercising etc?

p.s Do your buns prefer a routine or do they like things to be a little more spontaneous throughout the day. What are your thoughts on this?

P.s I don't- I'm home all day though and go with the flow- so i can do whatever needs to be done as it needs tending too. I do like to have a routine, but nothing ever goes exactly according to schedule.

Last edited:
Yes roughly, but it probably changes a little at weekends, its easier to stick to it during the week because of work - at weekends we like a little lie-in and things may get shifted slightly depending on if we are out or at home etc.

we have a strict routine (within half hour) Alvin has had stasis when ive been late with breakfast and also he gets poorly on weekends when im in the house and annoying him more so i try to keep the routine the same no matter what day of the week :D

Kinda have a routine through the week, as they get fed before work, lunch by gran, clean at night etc etc.
At the weekend it all goes a bit later.
In general i do stuff the same every day, but not to a specific time.

P.s I don't- I'm home all day though and go with the flow- so i can do whatever needs to be done as it needs tending too. I do like to have a routine, but nothing ever goes exactly according to schedule.[/QUOTE]

However i do give the bunba's their breaky and dinner at the same time every day

They get fed at the same time every weekday morning as i do it on my way out to work, but on a weekend we tend to have a lie in so it can sometimes be late morning before they get their nuggets (they always have tonnes of hay and plenty of water i hasten to add so they don't starve!)

On an evening it varies really, it was more regular during the summer as i'd spend loads of time with them in the garden but now it's so cold i sometimes do it as soon as I get home while i've still got my coat on or come in and warm up and brace myself to go back out :lol: They get fed and thats when i empty their loo too.

They always have their massive "everything out" big clean on either a saturday or sunday.

Yes, but I can't think of another way I could get everything done, although times can vary, the rest remains the same.

I voted yes, although they are getting fed a bit later (or earlier) than usual due to my sleeping patterns being different due to the festive period! :D

Mine get fed their pellets between 3 and 4pm currently, just before it gets dark. On the days they get cleaned out I'll do this just before feeding time. They do get veg mid-morning to lunchtime.

They're certainly all knowing about their routine. When I had Sally and Dillan in the garden freeranging last week, come half 3 they were sat by the french doors waiting for me to dish out their pellets.

Helen xx

Yes roughly, but it probably changes a little at weekends, its easier to stick to it during the week because of work - at weekends we like a little lie-in and things may get shifted slightly depending on if we are out or at home etc.

I'm the same :D

I try to stick to routines, i even have an order of feeding (Chipmunks then piggies, then Charlie & jess rabbits , then Hari and Nell (Giants) then Foster bun, then foster piggie:oops: Feeding is a little later at weekends but then they have more treats too. Big cleaning day is always Sunday:) I think they get used to routines:)

My two know what time breakfast arrives, then i come in from work, they free range for a bit before dinner (while i clean the hutch out/check over, have a snuggle) and then have their food. Funnily enough they're at their most snuggly when i go out to give them their night hay. I always intend it to be a stroke and run but end up spending at least an hour playing or stroking them :love:

Breakfast is 6.20am weekdays if its later SiDney will jump on the bed to remind me, if i ignore him Lola will jump on the bed and stare at me until i feed them (Sundays are later, but they still expect it at 6.20) Dinner is at 8.10pm and if they dont have it then they come rushing out to find us and nibble our legs!!!:roll::roll:

Kind of. Breakfast when I wake up but that varies :lol: Unlimited hay but I put a fresh handful in every morning and every night. Veg teatime-ish, some more pellets at bed time! I don't do everything at exactly the same time though but do have my own routine.

I have a broad range routine I.E my rabbit will be fed in the morning, but what time in the morning depends on when I get up :lol: It could be 9am before work or it could be as late as 1pm. Generally between 9 and 11 though.

I dont have too much of a cleaning routine, every other day weather permitting, but I do have a feeding routine. I give veg and hay in the morning, pellets and hay on an evening. Its always the first thing I do in the morning and I check on them last thing before I go to bed. Times deoend because I work and go to uni different times everyday between 7am and 10pm, plus even doing the odd nightshift.

Yes. Buns get litter tray changed every morning and the shed gets a tidy-up. They get a little tiny bit of veg. If John's at home they get free-range on and off throughout the day.

They get veggies at tea-time and pellets last thing before we go to bed and that's when we put their Snugglesafe in too. :)

I pretty much stick to a routine with feeding my pair.
They get their pellets at 8am, If I want a lie in then I dont get a choice coz the buns will jump on me until I get up!
Then lunch at 4pm.
Then dinner at midnight.

I spend time with them all through the day, they dont have set playtimes as they are housebuns and just go where they want when they want.

Back