• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter bit me :(

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
I came downstairs about an hour ago and Dexie was waiting at the bottom as per usual. He then tried to get past my feet so I got stuck behind the safety gate... Anyway, he decided to attack my feet with his little claws and then he bit me :( it really hurt :(
So... Now I have a bruised foot with 2 lovely teeth marks imbedded in my skin. Needless to say... I'm not talking to him now :( I'm a sad bunny mummy :(

Aww he loves you really. I've been bitten twice in the past 10 years of keeping rabbits. You'll get over it, just don't let it affect the relationship you have with your bunny :)

Helen xx

I've lost count of how many times i've been bitten! Lol. And I've been keeping buns for almost 8years! Longer if you count my mummy cleaning them out when I was little :p
Dexie has been in a bad mood since the rescues came.. He'll get over it! I do always get a nip when I don't let him past the safety gate though... Just this time it actually hurt!
The other day it was Hermy the rescue nipping my nipple then, she weed all over me in fright when getting her meds and now, Dexie bites
me.
Not such good luck for me ATM!

Although I've been bitten twice I've probably avoided many many nibblings. I guess its just reading your rabbits behaviour and avoiding their teefs :lol:

Helen xx

Dexie nips whenever he feels like it! Lol. It got into a habbit when his best friend died... Disappeared for a few weeks until we got him Pumpkin and then came back whenever he can't have his own way! Lol.
He nips when he needs to go to bed, nips when you
move his food, nips when he's not allowed upstairs, nips the cat...
Dexie is just a nipper! Lol

Although I've been bitten twice I've probably avoided many many nibblings. I guess its just reading your rabbits behaviour and avoiding their teefs :lol:

Helen xx

Yerp... My only nipper has been Mr Dexie! Never had a bun like him! As a house rabbit, he likes to think he's the alpha male! Always nips when you're not looking!
I had one other fiesty bun who nipped when I was younger but she was unspayed...
Never been bitten so bad that blood has been drawn but Dexies nips still hurt :(

I've lost count of how many times i've been bitten! Lol. And I've been keeping buns for almost 8years! Longer if you count my mummy cleaning them out when I was little :p
Dexie has been in a bad mood since the rescues came.. He'll get over it! I do always get a nip when I don't let him past the safety gate though... Just this time it actually hurt!
The other day it was Hermy the rescue nipping my nipple then, she weed all over me in fright when getting her meds and now, Dexie bites
me.

He can smell the rescues and, if they are no neutered/spayed, it will upset him. One of my gorgeous boys used to go nuts when I would return from a day at a rescue. We used to have to strip in the porch and jump in the shower, so he could smell nothing.

me.

Ooh that's brought tears to my eyes!!

Nino nips us all the time, and Poppy will bite properly if she's very cross, i'm afraid the reality is that some buns are biters. (Both mine are traumatised rescues). Unless it is 'out of character' which indicates health problems and fear, or perhaps referred aggression if other buns are around, then very often it is just bunny's way of communicating - quite effectively clearly! In this circumstance you were clearly 'in his way' and he wanted to get past and through the stair gate. Nino bit my bare foot the other day simply because it was on the floor and he wanted to squeeze past my feet beside the sofa, despite the fact that there was about 10ft of room the other side of my feet to hop past instead! :roll::lol:

The best thing you can do is just not react or take any notice and certainly don't let it get you down or interfere with your relationship with your bunny, it doesn't mean they don't like you at all. :)

Yerp... My only nipper has been Mr Dexie! Never had a bun like him! As a house rabbit, he likes to think he's the alpha male! Always nips when you're not looking!
I had one other fiesty bun who nipped when I was younger but she was unspayed...
Never been bitten so bad that blood has been drawn but Dexies nips still hurt :(

You should come to my house then! :shock::lol:
Poppy can draw blood when she means it, and Nino once bit my face right on the septum of my nose and drew blood then too.....ouch! It hurt like plucking 100 nose hairs in one go! :evil:

Back