• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our poor Noel - updated

lja401

Warren Scout
Well where do I start? Our poor Noel is with John Chitty in Andover and he has stasis :-( We noticed that he was poorly on New Years Eve and so spent the whole night up with him and were back and forth from the emergency vets with him all night. The emergency vet booked him into John Chitty on New Years day and he has been with him ever since. John Chitty said he has a lot of gas in his tummy. We called up New Years day evening and John said he was a bit better and the gas had gone down a little. We called today and he said he had eaten a little bit but that he's not sure if he has pooped yet because Noel is in with his rabbit girlfriend Milly (we both thought it would help Noel's recovery if he was kept with Milly). John thinks he has pooped because he reckons there's too much poop in there for just one rabbit. Fingers crossed he has pooped because the poor little thing hadn't gone for about 48 hours or so. Just hope he's going to be ok because we love him so much. He was so scared at the vets that he jumped up onto us for a cuddle and he's not normally a really soppy rabbit. Just hate seeing him suffer. We haven't had much luck with our rabbits as nearly lost Milly to stasis in the summer :( xx

Last edited:
No unfortunately not, but Noel and Milly both went to the vet on Thurs 30th Dec for their myxi boosters and then Noel wasn't right after that so perhaps the stress of the vet visit?
Thank you for all your vibes, much appreciated :)

No unfortunately not, but Noel and Milly both went to the vet on Thurs 30th Dec for their myxi boosters and then Noel wasn't right after that so perhaps the stress of the vet visit?
Thank you for all your vibes, much appreciated :)

Yep, could be that, my Feegal went into GI stasis after the last vet trip. My vet has put a note on his records so that next time we can give/get the right meds for Feegal to try and avoid it:)

Thanks everyone. I am really missing both Noel and Milly :( Just hope Noel gets better because Milly loves him so much as do we. Horrible when they're unwell.

Just got him back. The vet said he has done all he can for him at the moment and thinks he would be better at home. We have lots of medication to try and give to him (not going to be fun!)
He got back and was eating hay but hasn't pooped yet although we are sure we saw and heard him eat some cecals straight from his bottom. Is that a good sign?
Bit disappointed that the vet couldn't say for certain whether or not he had been to the toilet because he was in with Milly. Just want to see Noel go and then I will be much happier. The gas has gone down though so that's good and he seemed quite happy when he got back although he has gone to sleep now - he must be very tired.
Bill was £460!!!! Hope petplan pay...Noel hasn't had a dental check up as such...the vet did check his teeth when he was ill and said his teeth were fine - is this sufficient enough? Also when we first got him which was a year ago, our regular vet did check them...that was about a year ago. xx

Sending more vibes and hope he's back to normal soon. Definitely a good sign he's eating his caecals. Can you separate him from Milly temporarily to monitor poo output? Unless you can tell their poos apart that is - I'm lucky as I have a giant bun and a little bun with v different sized poos so never really had a problem monitoring.

Hope he's much better soon.

Thank you very much.

At the moment Milly is in the lounge and Noel is in their room so hoping there will be some poop in there from him! Such a worrying time. Poor little Noel :(

He's just started to poo a little bit - they're very small but a good sign :D Now for the medicine...syringes at the ready...poor Noel :(

He's had his meds :D He was a very good boy. Just hope he carries on improving. Poor little thing is only 1 year 4 months.

Hello

New to forums but came across your thread about poor Noel as my Conti Giant was rushed to John Chitty yesterday afternoon with Gut Stasis. She is my beloved house bun who craves non stop cuddles and attention - always nudging me when i'm in the kitchen.

I was with her in the lounge all day Sunday 2nd Jan and in the evening she went from active bun to floppy bun over 1 hour. Rushed her to my local vet Monday 3rd at 0730. She hasn't responded to anything they have done (and they are brilliant) so they referred her to John Chitty yesterday.

Don't know why it has happened, waiting to hear from John to see how she is progressing today. Meant to be sleeping after night shift but too worried to sleep.

Hope Noel is doing OK.

Amanda
Giant buns Herman, Greta, Heidi and Adela (who didn't get on with new comer Heidi so is now house bun).

hi there, i really hope your giant bun improves soon. sending loads of vibes.xx
hope noel continues to improve as well.xx

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your rabbit :( It's so worrying when they are poorly. How is she doing? Our Noel is getting better but very slowly. He isn't pooping as much as he used to though :( How long can it take them to get over stasis? He's still having 2 syringes full of medicine twice a day. We are phoning John tomorrow to ask about how long we are going to carry on his medicine for. I really hope your rabbit improves. xx

Thank you everyone for your support for Adela. She is tonight still with John Chitty but has passed some droppings with straw in which is a good sign.

He is awaiting some compreshensive blood test results to check on a possible kidney problem so will have to wait and see about that.

Ringing him tomorrow for further updates but feeling more positive.

Will keep everyone updated.

Hope Noel can come off his medicine soon as they so hate taking anything orally.

Will try and work out how to put a picture of Adela on the thread.

Amanda

Back