• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greiving- Photos?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I keep thinking i should put some photo's up of adonia- She used to have a photo on my fridge, but I've moved this outdoors now into the shed and i would like to have a photo of her close to me.

Only thing is it brings me to tears to look at her photo. I miss her dearly.
What does everyone else do to help with grieving ?

Does it help not to have reminders around-i.e no photo's etc- or should i keep her in the forefront of my memory and heal through the sadness?

I want to be functional in my life- i can't keep breaking down about how much i miss her and love her. I would love to put her photo on the wallpaper of my desktop but again it's too upsetting for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions of anything subtle i could do to remember her?

I didn't keep her ashes. I am a physical being as much as spiritual, so I'd like something around me to keep her in the physical world with me. I know she has gone, but i want to honor her memory.

I think it would have been impracticable to keep her ashes, but perhaps i can do something else in the physical world in memory of her.

I have a photo of Molly on my wall at work and it makes me smile to see her now. I was lucky to have had her even for the short time it was.

I have a few photos of my bridge soul bunny Barney stuck to my mirror... I think it helps to have them there. It hurts at first, but now I can look at them and smile:)

I have a few photos of my bridge soul bunny Barney stuck to my mirror... I think it helps to have them there. It hurts at first, but now I can look at them and smile:)

Aww this is what i was wondering- am i better to work through it- maybe get a calendar for the year made with photos' of her on playing out of the grass etc.

She was a house bun, but i always felt so guilty she didn't get time out like the rest of my buns.

She had snuffles and i didn't want to risk contamination so i could only let her play on areas that i knew the other buns wouldn't come into contact with.

I think i could journal about her abit and collate some photos. Maybe get a photo frame and keep her photo in the living room too.

Aww this is what i was wondering- am i better to work through it- maybe get a calendar for the year made with photos' of her on playing out of the grass etc.

She was a house bun, but i always felt so guilty she didn't get time out like the rest of my buns.

She had snuffles and i didn't want to risk contamination so i could only let her play on areas that i knew the other buns wouldn't come into contact with.

I think i could journal about her abit and collate some photos. Maybe get a photo frame and keep her photo in the living room too.

I think those are all wonderful ideas:)
I always feel guilty about Barney and another two of my bridge buns because I feel like they didn't have the best life possible, but all we can do is our best at the time.
I'm going to start making a scrapbook of the two I have at the moment so that (hopefully in many years time!) I'll have so many photos to look back on:)

I always make a memory box, put anything you like in there, photos, favourite toy, anything which reminds you of your pet. You can sit and go through this when you want to and remember your pet.

Or you can get a locket and place a small photo in that.

We love them so much - thats why it hurts so much

I think those are all wonderful ideas:)
I always feel guilty about Barney and another two of my bridge buns because I feel like they didn't have the best life possible, but all we can do is our best at the time.
I'm going to start making a scrapbook of the two I have at the moment so that (hopefully in many years time!) I'll have so many photos to look back on:)

That's really nice making a scrapbook for them.

I feel I should have been with adonia more towards the end. I normally always was- it's only because we moved that she didn't have my 24.7 attention in the kitchen.

I feel guilty she wasn't in the kitchen with me as she always has been in the past. I've always had her by my side. Perhaps a photo in the kitchen would be better as this is where she loved to be.

She went down hill in the living room, it was too big and too cold for her and i feel so sorry that i didn't do more for her in the freezing weather we had. Our heating failed, and I'm sure this contributed to her death. She was a sensitive little soul. She would get upset about being in the wrong location. I should have picked up on it and changed where she was.

I just want to make things right again, but it's too late i know. Perhaps a photo in the kitchen will help.

I always make a memory box, put anything you like in there, photos, favourite toy, anything which reminds you of your pet. You can sit and go through this when you want to and remember your pet.

Or you can get a locket and place a small photo in that.

We love them so much - thats why it hurts so much

Thanks hun. That's a lovely idea. I think the locket idea is beautiful. I will do this. She was my little princess. I've never had a bunny that has touched my heart like she did. The memory box is a lovely idea also.

That's really nice making a scrapbook for them.

I feel I should have been with adonia more towards the end. I normally always was- it's only because we moved that she didn't have my 24.7 attention in the kitchen.

I feel guilty she wasn't in the kitchen with me as she always has been in the past. I've always had her by my side. Perhaps a photo in the kitchen would be better as this is where she loved to be.

She went down hill in the living room, it was too big and too cold for her and i feel so sorry that i didn't do more for her in the freezing weather we had. Our heating failed, and I'm sure this contributed to her death. She was a sensitive little soul. She would get upset about being in the wrong location. I should have picked up on it and changed where she was.

I just want to make things right again, but it's too late i know. Perhaps a photo in the kitchen will help.

I can tell how much you're beating yourself up over losing her:(

I'm sure it really wasn't your fault. If you want to put a photo in the kitchen then go for it! If you want to put pictures ALL over the house then just go for it, it won't bring her back but trust me it will help your pain. And pretty soon you'll be able to see all your photos of her and remember all the brilliant things she used to do or the way she affected your life. I'm sure she felt loved, you don't need to worry about that.

I also think that loppyear's idea of a memory box is a lovely one.

i have a necklace of pearl's fur on a teddy bunny on a shelf in my living room, i have her picture on the desktop of my pc and shes the wallpaper on my phone. i love to see her beauty daily... i cannot yet watch videos of her tho :cry:

I can tell how much you're beating yourself up over losing her:(

I'm sure it really wasn't your fault. If you want to put a photo in the kitchen then go for it! If you want to put pictures ALL over the house then just go for it, it won't bring her back but trust me it will help your pain. And pretty soon you'll be able to see all your photos of her and remember all the brilliant things she used to do or the way she affected your life. I'm sure she felt loved, you don't need to worry about that.

I also think that loppyear's idea of a memory box is a lovely one.

Think i will have one in the kitchen, one in the living room and beside my bed and do a chain for her and memory box. I'll write the story of her life in my journal. I know she did have a good life and if i hadn't have gone through the two years of treatment i did initially to help her snuffles I'm sure she wouldn't have got to the age she did.

She was a little fighter bless her. It must have been her time to go- she waited and let me kiss her goodbye and snuggle her in my arms. I felt she was going- i just didn't want to believe it.

To me i thought she'd had a kind of stroke and her lungs collapsed from the pasturellosis infection as she was struggling so hard to breath and laid very close to the floor. The vet thought EC, but I'll never really know as i didn't' get her checked after she died.

I wish I'd have kept her with me so she could spend her last moments with me rather than put her in the car to go to the vets to die. I wish I'd have known. I could feel her life energy draining away, I'm beating myself up that i didn't get the vet to treat her here somehow or try do something for her here.

I'll never know. I know i can't change it. I guess i should just put it behind me. I just can't help thinking i could have spent more time with her this last month whilst she was alive.

Anyway- will go get the rest of the buns meds done now. Can't stay crying about adonia- i need to remember the lesson she taught me, to treasure every moment i have with the buns whilst they are here.

She is gone now and will never be forgotten- thankyou for all your lovely ideas on how i can remember her :) xx

i have a necklace of pearl's fur on a teddy bunny on a shelf in my living room, i have her picture on the desktop of my pc and shes the wallpaper on my phone. i love to see her beauty daily... i cannot yet watch videos of her tho :cry:

:(*hugs* Thankyou for sharing. I'd love to put a picture on my pc of her, but i'd be in constant tears. I'm not ready for that yet. I lost all my videos of her on my phone. I wish i had some videos of her :(

We've put a photo of Bobby and Scooby our Bridge bunny and piggy on the mantel in the living room. At first I found it hard to look at it, but now I love seeing them there. I also got a magnet made of each of them, and they're on the fridge. My mouse mat at work has a photo of Bob on it, people always comment as he was such a lovely looking bunny, it comforts me to know he's with me there. It will be 3 years in June since we lost Scooby, and 2 years in March since we lost Bobby. I still cry about them (yesterday in fact) but such good memories as well.

We've put a photo of Bobby and Scooby our Bridge bunny and piggy on the mantel in the living room. At first I found it hard to look at it, but now I love seeing them there. I also got a magnet made of each of them, and they're on the fridge. My mouse mat at work has a photo of Bob on it, people always comment as he was such a lovely looking bunny, it comforts me to know he's with me there. It will be 3 years in June since we lost Scooby, and 2 years in March since we lost Bobby. I still cry about them (yesterday in fact) but such good memories as well.

Thanks, do you know where i can get a magnet- mousemat etc made.

Sorry to hear about your bunnys :( *hugs*

Glad you have found a way to keep them at the forefront of your memory xx

ditto - it really helps

Thanks hun.

I bought a book after reading your recommendation on amazon that frances harcourt brown one so that I'm not stuck in a position without knowledge again if I'm ever in this position.

I will try some of these ideas x

Thanks, do you know where i can get a magnet- mousemat etc made.

Sorry to hear about your bunnys :( *hugs*

Glad you have found a way to keep them at the forefront of your memory xx

I have sent you a PM with the details on :).

Back