• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rimmi and Winters weight this year......

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I moniter Rimmi and Winters weight quite a lot and decided to plot their weights on a chart to see what I could see........

The months are plotted on the bottom, with the weights going up the side, from 0g to 1500g.

The first blue line down the graph is where I changed them from Excel to SS..... as you can see, their weights fluctuated quite a bit after that until they both lost quite a bit of weight, the second line is where they were fed much more.

b3c359bd.jpg

The nice flat bits are them at their normal weights, then they seem to have gained a bit for winter! About 100g each! :shock: And thats not extra food either! But they have been eating me out of hay and home!! :lol:

Wow this is really interesting, thank you for sharing this.

I am going to start weighing my buns every month too as I have noticed that our new bun Tilly is possibly underweight.

Do you know what there weight should be on average?

Wow this is really interesting, thank you for sharing this.

I am going to start weighing my buns every month too as I have noticed that our new bun Tilly is possibly underweight.

Do you know what there weight should be on average?

Yes, from weighing them.

Winter is generally 1200g at her best weight, and Rimmi is 900g.

At the moment, they are both about 100g more than this! :p Guess they have been eating more and exercising less in the colder weather! :p

Thats a really good idea!
Thanks for sharing :D

I was thinking about weighing my lot because i want them to go on a diet (Mainly George!!) in the summer because he has gained quite abit over the winter :oops: :oops:

What do you use to weigh them?

Thats a really good idea!
Thanks for sharing :D

I was thinking about weighing my lot because i want them to go on a diet (Mainly George!!) in the summer because he has gained quite abit over the winter :oops: :oops:

What do you use to weigh them?

Analogue kitchen scales! :oops: They are so used to it that they happily sit in the bowl for a few seconds so I can read it before they hop out.

100_1100-1.jpg

Analogue kitchen scales! :oops: They are so used to it that they happily sit in the bowl for a few seconds so I can read it before they hop out.

100_1100-1.jpg

Ohh, :lol::lol::lol: !

Looks like he is thinking "Can i get out yet?" :lol:

Well mine wont fit in the kitchen scales so i think ill weigh myself and then weigh them with me then take away my weight etc etc :roll: :lol: The long way ;)

But thanks again for posting this, its given us all ideas :lol: :love:

Ohh, :lol::lol::lol: !

Looks like he is thinking "Can i get out yet?" :lol:

Well mine wont fit in the kitchen scales so i think ill weigh myself and then weigh them with me then take away my weight etc etc :roll: :lol: The long way ;)

But thanks again for posting this, its given us all ideas :lol: :love:

Have a look on ebay...... how about some digital scales? Mine are only diddly, so I am lucky. Slightly bigger buns would have to be done on bigger scales!!

Yes, from weighing them.

Winter is generally 1200g at her best weight, and Rimmi is 900g.

At the moment, they are both about 100g more than this! :p Guess they have been eating more and exercising less in the colder weather! :p

its also interesting to see they both follow a similair pattern :lol: males are nearly always smaller hten the female versions anyway, but rimmi is purebred nethie isn;t he and winter is a cross bred nethie

ive never kept a chart before, but when rosie was ill, the vets did on their computer, they showed it me once and described her like a little rollarcoaster

its also interesting to see they both follow a similair pattern :lol: males are nearly always smaller hten the female versions anyway, but rimmi is purebred nethie isn;t he and winter is a cross bred nethie

ive never kept a chart before, but when rosie was ill, the vets did on their computer, they showed it me once and described her like a little rollarcoaster

Rimmi is a nethie (show standerd :roll:) and Winter is a Polish dwarf..... apparently......

I only made the chart just now from all the figures I had written down, I have a book for each of them :D

Rimmi is a nethie (show standerd :roll:) and Winter is a Polish dwarf..... apparently......

I only made the chart just now from all the figures I had written down, I have a book for each of them :D

its a really good idea :) how often do you weigh them, though i doubt locksleys bottom would fit in our average kitchen scales :lol: i used to do rosie every week, but only when she got poorly

mine are also eating loads more hay at this time of year

When we were taking Mischa to the vets every few weeks to check his weight my vet would always say that if it was only 100g out that that's not a great deal and they can loose that with a big wee or something! :lol:

When we were taking Mischa to the vets every few weeks to check his weight my vet would always say that if it was only 100g out that that's not a great deal and they can loose that with a big wee or something! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I weigh them as often as I remember, the most I have weighed them is 3 times a month, the least is 1 time a month :D

its a really good idea :) how often do you weigh them, though i doubt locksleys bottom would fit in our average kitchen scales :lol: i used to do rosie every week, but only when she got poorly

mine are also eating loads more hay at this time of year

I weighed them more when they were losing weight when I swapped their food and when they were gaining weight.

I tried weighing Jenson, he doesn't sit still for very long to get an accurate reading but it worked as a guidance.
I put a plastic basket with some hay in on my kitchen scales, zeroed it and he hopped in to eat the hay! :lol: Gave me a rough idea and that he's gained since the vet weighed him.

I'm never totally sure how much he should weigh, he's just over 2kg and a six month ish dwarf lop.

Back