• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Simba has a sore nose u/d its an infection

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
Simba had a bit of a runny eye this morning so i brought him indoors and cleaned it with some water and cotton wool pad, just a bit of white in his eye, otherwise it looks ok, looks like he'd go some of his fuzz in his eye which happens sometimes. Anyway whilst i was sorting him out i noticed his nose looked a bit sticky too.. tried to wash it but he kept moving it, when i feel it i can feel lke a bump with dried bits on it. Its a bit red but then i have poked and prodded it quite a bit trying to figure out what it was. Some dried white bits came off but it looked sore underneath so i stopped trying to get it al off.
He is off to the vets Wed anyway for a check-up and myxi vac if he's ok to have it then. Any ideas what it could be? He's otherwise lively, eating/drinking fine (he does use a bowl to drink), and his breathing sounds totally normal, nose moves normally etc. I groomed him whilst he was in and found no other bumps/sores anywhere.
Nala is totally fine, no signs of runny eyes, wet nose or bumps...

Last edited:
went to the vets yesterday.. the bump i could feel was just crusted stuff from his nose, it looks white so looked like fur to me. i've now soaked it all off and no bump underneath.
The vet said either he has something in his nose that has caused a blockage and irritation or he has an infection in his nose/tearduct. He's now having fucidin eye ointment twice a day and they are going to flush his tearduct tomorrow to see if anything comes out.
He is still very happy/lively, and very feisty when i clean his nose!!

Back