• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Sanctuary may close?

Tillybunny

Mama Doe
:cry:Just had a phone call, from a friend who works at our local animal sanctuary, asking me if thers any chance that I might be able to rehome another rabbit ( I have two from there) because it seems likely that they will close within a few months. They are trying to come up with a solution to remain open, and if they do close, no animal will be put to sleep, but its just so sad. They do a wonderful job and it makes me wonder what will happen to any unwanted pets around this area in the future.
I really can't take any more rabbits at the moment, I work full time and my OH looks after my trio of bunnies in the day, also we just haven't got room for any more, I have said if the worse comes to the worse, I will do all I can to help, but I feel so helpless and so dreadfully sad for the animals.:cry:

It is near Sheffield, no don't think they are special needs, just unwanted rabbits. Tilly who I adopted, was found wandering around an housing estate and Murphy was given up by his owner who no longer wanted him. None of them will be put to sleep, because the lady in charge of the rabbits would not let that happen, she loves them too much, she already has ten at home. Just concerned that yer another sanctuary may close and less spaces will be available for needy animals, they also take in cats, dogs, guinea pigs etc.

It is near Sheffield, no don't think they are special needs, just unwanted rabbits. Tilly who I adopted, was found wandering around an housing estate and Murphy was given up by his owner who no longer wanted him. None of them will be put to sleep, because the lady in charge of the rabbits would not let that happen, she loves them too much, she already has ten at home. Just concerned that yer another sanctuary may close and less spaces will be available for needy animals, they also take in cats, dogs, guinea pigs etc.

Oh right sorry, it's a rescue that could close?, I thought you meant Sanctuary as in they were all unrehomable

It's very sad when this happens, goodness knows we need all the rescues to stay open with all the unwanted animals that are around, I really hope they can find a solution to stay open, keep us updated

If there any small animals (hamsters, gerbils, mice etc) desperate to be rehomed because it's closing / might close will you pm me? We're not far from Sheffield and although we have no plans really to take on more small animals at the moment if things are urgent we could certainly fit some in.

It's a shame they might be closing. :(

Yes sorry for the confusion, it is called a Sanctuary, but they do rehome all the animals, (if they can find suitable homes of course). I really hope it will somehow be saved and will keep you posted on what happens, should know for definate within the next few months.
As for as I am aware they haven't got any giants or french lops.

If there any small animals (hamsters, gerbils, mice etc) desperate to be rehomed because it's closing / might close will you pm me? We're not far from Sheffield and although we have no plans really to take on more small animals at the moment if things are urgent we could certainly fit some in.

It's a shame they might be closing. :(

Yes when I know for certain, I will let you know, thank you so much for trying to help.:)

Yes sorry for the confusion, it is called a Sanctuary, but they do rehome all the animals, (if they can find suitable homes of course). I really hope it will somehow be saved and will keep you posted on what happens, should know for definate within the next few months.
As for as I am aware they haven't got any giants or french lops.

That's OK I was just getting confused becasue I am a Sanctuary and all my bunnies are unrehomable

Anyway, if there are any hamsters or small furries please let me know and I'll see if I can help, I can travel up there if needed

That's OK I was just getting confused becasue I am a Sanctuary and all my bunnies are unrehomable

Anyway, if there are any hamsters or small furries please let me know and I'll see if I can help, I can travel up there if needed

Thank you, very kind of you to offer help, I will do my best to keep you all updated on situation, just hope its good news.

Not sure about Dutch rabbits, I know they have 24 bunies in at the moment.
I don't think the website is updated on a regular basis, so won't show all the rabbits, you would have to ring them.
The website is Thornbury Animal Sanctuary.
Thanks for your interest.:)

Just know that they have rabbits, cats, dogs, birds sometimes guniea pigs.
Maybe they have degus and chinchillas, but not certain, you would have to contact them to find out if they had any in at the moment.:)

Do you know if they have any degus or chinchillas? :) x

Hi. Sorry to 'butt-in' but Chesterfield Rspca has a pair of degus that have been there for ages if you're considering rehoming some! The manager offered them to me the other day (he knows me - we'd only gone to rehome a budgie!) but we've had degus and decided not to get anymore for now.

They are lovely and looking a bit fed up. Pics are on their website.

Back